• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadline Day - Olympics 2012

Bielzibubz

President
Today is deadline day for those stadiums wanting to be considered as training facilities for the 2012 Olympics.

Come on Ron. Just think of the kudos it would bring having Fossetts Farm as an official training facility for the one of the footballing teams. The worlds media on our doorstep pushing the name of Southend United forward.

Four training pitches, quick transport links to the main arenas, full hotel accommodation on site, state of the art media facilities, it'll have the lot.

I know it's not built yet but neither is 90% of the other infrastructure for the games.

Agree/disagree?......discuss.

No idea. Can we have the beach volleyball ladies training on some hastily arranged sandpit on the halfway line.

They could "warm up" with the 2012 Bluebells....

Last edited:
I can assure you guys, there is no chance of FF being considred. All the football venues are confirmed.

As yet no training facilities have been confirmed. Once all applications have been submitted details of the selected venues will be sent to the appropriate Olympic Associations for consideration, acceptance and choice.

I see no earthly reason why Fossets Farm shouldn't be considered but I fear it may be just a tad to late in the day for any such application to be made. But you never know.

Today is deadline day for those stadiums wanting to be considered as training facilities for the 2012 Olympics.

Come on Ron. Just think of the kudos it would bring having Fossetts Farm as an official training facility for the one of the footballing teams. The worlds media on our doorstep pushing the name of Southend United forward.

Four training pitches, quick transport links to the main arenas, full hotel accommodation on site, state of the art media facilities, it'll have the lot.

I know it's not built yet but neither is 90% of the other infrastructure for the games.

Agree/disagree?......discuss.

Dont the teams get to choose their own training facitilities, like they do at the world cup? In which was we have many years yet.

As yet no training facilities have been confirmed. Once all applications have been submitted details of the selected venues will be sent to the appropriate Olympic Associations for consideration, acceptance and choice.

Don't the teams get to choose their own training facilities, like they do at the world cup? In which was we have many years yet.

Londonblue, yes they do get to choose but to be considered as a suitable facility the applications must be submitted to the London Olympic Authority by today at the latest. I would imagine a shortlist for each event would then be drawn up and that list, together with details of each facility, is then sent on to the relevant Olympic Associations.

Londonblue, yes they do get to choose but to be considered as a suitable facility the applications must be submitted to the London Olympic Authority by today at the latest. I would imagine a shortlist for each event would then be drawn up and that list, together with details of each facility, is then sent on to the relevant Olympic Associations.

Ahh, that makes sense...reading, I never really got the hang of it!

Back