• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Lee

Didn't look that special did he? But not a bad game... Thurrock should have won really if that guy up front had taken his chances (sounds familiar!)

Spiff

Lee is on a 6 game loan at Thurrock and will then be signing for Southend a good source tells me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 12 2003,10:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 12 2003,10:43)]Lee is on a 6 game loan at Thurrock and will then be signing for Southend a good source tells me!
the manager of the pram shop?
LOL. You've gotta love that guy. Cant see him coming back. Wouldnt be that welcome anyway, would he!? I'd rather have little Russ back ...

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 12 2003,11:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 12 2003,10:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 12 2003,10:43)]Lee is on a 6 game loan at Thurrock and will then be signing for Southend a good source tells me!
the manager of the pram shop?
LOL. You've gotta love that guy. Cant see him coming back. Wouldnt be that welcome anyway, would he!? I'd rather have little Russ back ...

Kev
I'd rather have Bombhead back.

Get well soon, BH...

I'd rather have Lee back, but then I'm looking at his performances with the rosy-tinted specs of his second goal against Brighton in that season opener. It was one of those truly joyous moments of following the Shrimpers that, occasionally, comes your way...

I genuinely believe that bringing him back could be a master-stroke. There's nothing quite like a man given a second chance - surely it's now up to him to prove that he has the utter determination to succeed at Roots Hall, and not be distracted by delusions of grandeur and fools' gold elsewhere.

He's been down in the depths in recent years, in footballing terms. Let's bring him home, lift him up where he belongs, and give him wings to fly...

HALLELUJAH!

Sorry, getting a bit carried away there...

wink.gif

Matt

P.S. Much as I admire Bombhead, he doesn't possess half of Lee's class or potential. Don't forget, in the 2000 season, Lee bagged 10 goals from midfield, despite often being played out of his preferred position, namely "in the hole" behind the strikers...

Got to agree Matt. I'd prefer Lee over Bombhead everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Mean it Mick, who posted about Lee coming back, I believe is a Canvey fan. Seen his posts on the CIFC Forum so don't believe a word he says!

I would have Lee back here anytime.

Always liked him and was sad to see him go.

FB

As Lee was on the receiving end of some of the most vile vitriol including repeatedly being slagged off by one West Stand idiot when he wasn't even playing; I'd be surpised if David Lee would ever consider playing for us again. Pity cause he had more talent than most.

Andy

As Lee was on the receiving end of some of the most vile vitriol including repeatedly being slagged off by one West Stand idiot when he wasn't even playing; I'd be surpised if David Lee would ever consider playing for us again. Pity cause he had more talent than most.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Nov. 25 2003,15:34)]As Lee was on the receiving end of some of the most vile vitriol including repeatedly being slagged off by one West Stand idiot when he wasn't even playing; I'd be surpised if David Lee would ever consider playing for us again.  Pity cause he had more talent than most.
Calling us Southend fans not proper fans saying we all supported west ham and Spurs etc when moved to hull will not help either ??

One team in Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Nov. 25 2003,15:34)]As Lee was on the receiving end of some of the most vile vitriol including repeatedly being slagged off by one West Stand idiot when he wasn't even playing; I'd be surpised if David Lee would ever consider playing for us again.  Pity cause he had more talent than most.
Calling us Southend fans not proper fans saying we all supported west ham and Spurs etc when moved to hull will not help either ??

One team in Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Back