• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Danny Webb

BlueJ-Me

Cambridge United boss John Taylor is pondering a permanent move for on-loan striker Daniel Webb.
The 20-year-old is on a month's loan at The Abbey Stadium from Third Division rivals Hull City and impressed in his two appearances for The U's over the holiday period.

The terms of the loan mean Cambridge cannot play Webb nor midfielder Nathan Peat at Hull on Saturday and with Dave Kitson being sold to Division One side Reading, Taylor is considering the option of signing Webb permanently.

"I believe Hull would release the boy, so we have to weigh up pretty quickly if we want to take him after three games for us," Taylor told Cambridge News.

"He's done well in the two away matches. He's not a natural goalscorer and needs developing, but he has prospects.

"With Kits (Kitson) gone, we have some scope as far as wages are concerned to bring somebody in, and we are also looking at the list of players which we always have."

I know Danny Webb is highly rated by Hull City boss Peter Taylor but i didnt think he impressed me on boxing day, did he impress you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nestudas @ Dec. 31 2003,11:13)]He won a few headers but that was it.
Sound like a certain striker we have.
biggrin.gif

I thought it was hard to judge Webb. The service he got from a Cambridge side very poor going forward was atrocious. When the ball was played to him he seemed to win quite a few headers AND direct them to his team-mates.

I was watching the Nationwide highlights last night and Webb conceded a penalty for handball on Saturday.

Back