• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge v Southend United, Saturday 12th August, 15.00ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 73 91.3%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 71 88.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 72 90.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 67 83.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis Lomas 🤕

• ….

• ….

• ….

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ….

• Win

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
After the euphoria of an emphatic home win on the first day of the season, for the second game we make the shortest away trip of the season up the A13 to Dagnam.

The Daggers, under manager Ben Strevens, drew their first game of the season 1-1 away at Altrincham so will be looking for a first win of the season in this their first home game. It took a last gasp equaliser in the eighth minute of second half added time for Daggers to rescue a point at Alty and they’ll be looking for a more positive performance in front of their home fans this weekend.

There is likely to be one familiar face in the Daggers’ squad with the evergreen Myles Weston (now aged 35) a likely starter. There are also a few Daggers players who we allegedly were interested in signing over the summer - the goalkeeper named after the world’s most boring sandwich (Justham) and Martin Ling’s boy Sam both started in Greater Manchester last Saturday and their midfield contained a summer signing that many of us would have liked us to make - ex-SHSB pupil Josh Rees having joined them from Boreham Wood in the close season. Also joining this summer is long time Col Ewe servant Tom Eastman, who I'm sure will get a warm welcome from the away fans!

According to their own website the Daggers average home league crowd is 1464, and as we’ve sold out the 1200 tickets in the away end we should have about 50% of the crowd concentrated in the stand behind the goal so it should be more like a home game for our players.

There’s not much to talk about with regards to the Blues squad - yet another week of the 11-month embargo means no additions likely before Saturday and with such a convincing victory against Oldham, injuries aside, it’s unlikely the Kev would have been looking to make changes even if his resources had been augmented this week.

Nevertheless, some of you might like to play the tinkerman and switch things around bringing in one of our four subs for a start, so who would you like to see start on Saturday and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Not a pre-match thread (as that would be deleted by the moderators) but a chance to discuss things before the next game.

I haven't been to every match at Victoria Road but I have never seen a good Southend performance - I have enjoyed a beer or two under the stand but when it comes to the game we just haven't performed ............ leading to a relatively short but cheerless journey home.

Another big away attendance on Saturday it would seem.

And not many options with regard to team selection. I am not aware of any injuries or knocks from Saturday either.

Let's hope that "fighting spirit" from last Saturday is still there come 3:00 p.m. on the 12th.

What can the management team conjure up?
I thought it was a good comeback last season.

Injuries are obviously key because of our situation. Fonguck and Ralph have probably been feeling the effects of Saturday this week.

I’d take a draw at this stage. Know Daggers scraped a last minute equaliser last week but they’ve signed some decent players so it won’t be easy. Our advantage assuming the sane squad as last week will be the togetherness, unity of the team and also they know systems and what Kev expects of them. Oh and the 1200 plus shrimpers cheering them on

Agree Jon and for a fair few of their players, home debuts and they will want to impress. I would also be happy with a point, but hoping for three.

l have a hunch Fonguck may have tweaked a groin, l hope l am wrong, but he looked a little awkward coming off on Saturday.

don't lose and no injuries is what l am hoping for, of course if the players did want to blow them away.......

Grimacing for at least half an hour and was holding that area.
Yes he should have been off at least 15 mins earlier than he was. That was the only real mistake on Saturday. I know Kev likes to leave subs late and I'm not one for changes for the sake of but Kev left a couple of obvious ones to late last season. Including when Mooney got badly injured, he should have been off 10 mins before as he was struggling.

If no injuries then same staring 11 and same subs except Ollie on first and perhaps early decisions by Kev because of Tuesdays game.

Justham is good keeper but lets see Cardwell tickle his ribs on a few crosses in front of 1200 shrimpers. Same as Oldham, don't sit back because we are away, go at then for the first 15.

I think there will be a lot of goals scored (not just in this game, this coming season) In the additional added minutes at the end of games.

Really looking forward to this, also fancy the draw, we will be absolutely buzzing after Saturday but I also feel teams would of looked at us as easy win after all what's happened over the summer, and now after Saturday will be more organised

Hate the thought of three wins on the trot top of the league only to be deducted 10 points and bottom.

I think you will win this and quite comfortably too, we were very lucky at Alty last week got completely outplayed and only got a draw thanks to silly amounts of injury time and some woeful Alty strikers.

We’re a very new team with 6 debuts last week, we have some very good players but it will all take time for them to gel so we’re not expecting much this season in terms of play offs or promotion, maybe s half decent season to push on next year.

Players to look out for, Effiong an obvious choice, bulldozer of a man never gives up. Also Ibie 20 year old 6ft 7 winger, likely be on the bench but watch him go when he comes on.

Enjoy your day out at your cup final.

I think you will win this and quite comfortably too, we were very lucky at Alty last week got completely outplayed and only got a draw thanks to silly amounts of injury time and some woeful Alty strikers.

We’re a very new team with 6 debuts last week, we have some very good players but it will all take time for them to gel so we’re not expecting much this season in terms of play offs or promotion, maybe s half decent season to push on next year.

Players to look out for, Effiong an obvious choice, bulldozer of a man never gives up. Also Ibie 20 year old 6ft 7 winger, likely be on the bench but watch him go when he comes on.

Enjoy your day out at your cup final.
Come on @digger, we play this 'You'll win' game every time this fixture comes round, home or away. You don't believe it and you're very hopeful you give us a shoeing, and we you. Lets both of us enjoy the day, hope the nursery Ultras on both sides have a good after dinner nap and Old Bill don't think they're in Moscow. It should be a bit lively.

Enjoy you enjoy you day out at our cup final.
Corrected your obvious error for you. :Thumbs up:

Hopefully the Shrimpers put in a decent performance in front of a yet again fantastic turnout from us.It should be a good test for us fingers crossed we get the result we deserve and no injuries

Can't see anything other then a southend win! The boys must be buzzing after thrashing oldham and so they should! Confidence in football players is huge and even tho we have only played 1 game our players will be full of it! 1-3 southend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back