• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coventry release nine..

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
"New Coventry City manager Peter Reid has wielded the axe at Highfield Road with nine players being released by the Sky Blues.

Pegguy Arphexad, Dean Gordon, Onandi Lowe, Barry Quinn, Gavin Ward, Michael Briscoe, Ruaidhri Higgins, Avun Jephcott and Hussain Yazdani have all been told their contracts will not be renewed when they expire at the end of June."

Now Lowe was at Rushden and only joined Coventry late in the season...

I suspect he'd be out of our league BUT he is a huge presence used to the Conference and Div 3...

Just a thought

Agreed, he scored a lot at this level i believe?

Also Dean Gordon would be a hell of a signing, he is a quality left back which would allow tilly to play nicky in the midfield role!!

I wouldn't mind Arphexad as well actually... he was a decent enough keeper at Liverpool if I recall

Ah, you've got to love silly season. Just how, exactly, are we supposed to afford one of them, let alone all three?!

Of the three, I'd go for Lowe, definitely...

wink.gif

You are living in dreamland people. They are probably on 4k a week and lets face it £5.50 a week a dary leas slice and peter pans wristband is hardly going to entice them is it!!! We should be looking at the conference or scottish leagues for real gems. Or now the easten block are part of the EU perhaps we can find some top talent out there. But i wouldnt fancy scouting in bandit land!!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,13:56)]Ah, you've got to love silly season.
(Matt, Do you want to remind them that a) we missed out on promotion and b) Abramovich pulled out of his Southend takeover, or shall I?
rock.gif
)

I see Reid has also brought in Dion Dublin on a free. Ah well, that's our ex-Cambridge striker signing theory blown out of the water. As I had it from a reliable source we could afford his £10,000 a week wages ....
wink.gif

Would Lowe not come with a bit of form off the pitch ??

"Coventry striker Onandi Lowe has been bailed by police after being arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply".

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 19 2004,14:22)]Would Lowe not come with a bit of form off the pitch ??

"Coventry striker Onandi Lowe has been bailed by police after being arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply".

rock.gif
Sounds like the ideal partner for Bramble up front...

ghostface.gif

To be fair, we've got some form on a lags XI - Ricky Otto, obviously, and wasn't another ex-player implicated in a serious GBH case recently?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,14:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 19 2004,14:22)]Would Lowe not come with a bit of form off the pitch ??

rock.gif
Sounds like the ideal partner for Bramble up front...

ghostface.gif

To be fair, we've got some form on a lags XI - Ricky Otto, obviously, and wasn't another ex-player implicated in a serious GBH case recently?

rock.gif

Matt
and who can ever forget David Roche ??

Just trying to generate a bit of non will they won't they Maher/Warren/Cort/Constantine chat... I don't suppose for a moment we'd get any of them... even if we wanted them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,14:36)]Sounds like the ideal partner for Bramble up front...
Bramble was apparently 'cruising' round Felixstowe with Titus at the weekend.

Just like the Krays aren't they...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 19 2004,15:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,14:36)]Sounds like the ideal partner for Bramble up front...

I thought rumour had it that Bramble Senior (i.e. Tes & Titus' Dad) was a bit of a Mr. Big in Ipswich, with his hands in one or two slightly nefarious pies, so to speak...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,17:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 19 2004,15:52)]
[b said:

I thought rumour had it that Bramble Senior (i.e. Tes & Titus' Dad) was a bit of a Mr. Big in Ipswich, with his hands in one or two slightly nefarious pies, so to speak...

rock.gif
allegedly of course- and this is the last word on the matter as from all accounts he's a bit scary.

Back