• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Was thinking ahead of last nights game and the similarity between this and last season.

Last season we were top of the league, then lost out to Swindon at this stage of the JPT and surely missing out on Wembley (certain we would have beaten Barnet over 2 legs).

Last season we should have beaten Oldham at home and then lost in the replay and thus missing out on Liverpool.

Last season after these two defeats we never really got going again in the league and missed out on promotion by one point.

So there i was thinking could it happen again this season. Well firstly we are right in the mix for the league, but the pressure is far less being 6th at the moment than being top. We have now beaten Oxford and still have a genuine chance of beating Orient over two legs and finally making the Wembley dream a reality (something i have dreamed of for 33 years) and for some reason i really feel we have a chance next Tuesday. We play much better away from home, we have a strike force scoring goals, although the defence are also leaking a few. If we beat Brentford we will surely be televised (thus £££££), at least one game of the area final will also (£££££) and if we get through to the final a wembley trip, probabaly take in the region of 20,000, TV again (£££££).

Adding to this the team spirit and never say die attitude i honestly think we have a real chance of achievement this year.

Well done PS and the team UTB

Hoping we take a big support to Brentford next week, you can see the players really do appreciate the support. 350 last night but we outsung Oxford all night. If we can do that next week with the attitude this team has, Brentford are in for a game.

I fancy us to beat Orient over 2 leg's, there hardly setting LG1 alight this season & I'd rather us be where we are in the league now then at the top, were nicely placed.

I think a lot will depend on what business PS does this month, we do need another body in CM at least.

Im certain at least one new body will arrive and probably in CM, i think this is the one area weakend again and of course Laird cant play in the JPT, really feel for him as he has been excellant thus far. Also we should have Britt back and fit and possibly Fred as well, so touch wood by next week we should be back to full strength.

Bravo. He scored from 12 yards in a one on one situation.

Never mind that Oxford equalized within minutes of his being introduced into the game.....

INCREDIBLE!!! talk about glass half empty !!!

We all witnessed a fantastic nights entertainment + every one of Southends players should be congratulated..... The Shrimpers are buzzing at the moment and we are on the cusp of making history , yet still some "fans" try to put a downer on it ..... i assume you werent at the match but at home drinking 8 cans of diet coke feeding your depression?

Well done Benyon..Well done Clohessey,Phillips,Cresswell,Barker,Hurst,Woodyard,Timlin,Corr,Tomlin,Prosser& Bentley ... and yes even well done to Straker & Smith !!!

We all witnessed a fantastic nights entertainment + every one of Southends players should be congratulated..... The Shrimpers are buzzing at the moment and we are on the cusp of making history , yet still some "fans" try to put a downer on it ..... i assume you werent at the match but at home drinking 8 cans of diet coke feeding your depression?

Well done Benyon..Well done Clohessey,Phillips,Cresswell,Barker,Hurst,Woodyard,Timlin,Corr,Tomlin,Prosser& Bentley ... and yes even well done to Straker & Smith !!!
Agreed mate, my thread was meant to be a positive one, yet people still criticise. We are on the verge of a great season and im trying to promote the fact. The thread is about what the potential could be this season not necesarily specific matches. Bottom line is we could, and im only saying could, have a trip to Wembley, get promoted and play the European champions at home in the FA Cup, i for one will be queing for the DVD if it happens. Lets live the dream.

Promotion is the big one. Wembley and Chelsea are nice paydays but League 1 football is a must for increased revenues and our progression.

So Benyon coming on in the 88th minute, and then Oxford score in the 89th minute forcing us to penalties....Benyon scores from 12 yards one on one and suddenly he deserves a pat on the back.....

I'm not trying to take anything away from the TEAM achievement. But to have someone single out a player who has been nothing but a waste of money just because he scored in a penalty shoot-out is just outrageous! By default, he is applauded as part of the team, but it's not like he contributed anything that you or I couldn't have.

Some people are just easily impressed I guess.

So Benyon coming on in the 88th minute, and then Oxford score in the 89th minute forcing us to penalties....Benyon scores from 12 yards one on one and suddenly he deserves a pat on the back.....

I'm not trying to take anything away from the TEAM achievement. But to have someone single out a player who has been nothing but a waste of money just because he scored in a penalty shoot-out is just outrageous! By default, he is applauded as part of the team, but it's not like he contributed anything that you or I couldn't have.

If that your reaction when he scored from a pen, thank god the poor sod didnt miss.

Actually disagree, he can not be held responsible for the fact that we conceded the 89 min goal, so why you have even suggested that is ridiculous and to come on the pitch for barely two or three minutes and then take a penalty actually isnt that easy. Especially at professional level and baring in mind the circumstances, so yes he does deserve some credit, at least he had the balls to step up and take it. I fail to see why you even posted due to the fact that your post is so negative on a morning that we should be so positive.

If that your reaction when he scored from a pen, thank god the poor sod didnt miss.

Of course it wasn't. But I don't believe Benyon should be praised anymore than the likes of someone like Phillips or Barker.....Part of a winning squad, Yes......Integral individual contribution to the victory, No.

He kicked in the last spot kick, but I would back more than 50% of SZ users to do the same....

Of course it wasn't. But I don't believe Benyon should be praised anymore than the likes of someone like Phillips or Barker.....Part of a winning squad, Yes......Integral individual contribution to the victory, No.

He kicked in the last spot kick, but I would back more than 50% of SZ users to do the same....

I dont think Benyon was singled out or praised enymore than a number of players, Your post was in answer to Danburyshrimbers post where he mentioned half the team for praise, including Benyon.

I dont think Benyon was singled out or praised enymore than a number of players, Your post was in answer to Danburyshrimbers post where he mentioned half the team for praise, including Benyon.

Well no, my initial post was in response to Shrimperhosk who mentioned only Benyon. The rest of my posts have been in reply to subsequent responses.

I think less than 50% of SZ users would actually have scored that big pressure penalty last night with the weight of so many boo boys ready to pounce on the slightest error and hound yet another player away from our club...

On a lighter note i think Papa Johns should give Elliott Benyon his height in pizza for slotting the pen through the keepers hands .... it really wouldnt cost em much would it ?!!!

UTB

Back