• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corbett

Pato the Blue

First XI
i am defiant that jim corbett must stay. i feel he is a good player who does well on the the wings. he also can play upfront. and today he did well wen he came on and was makin some good tackles.

He is a former blackburn player and he must have sumthin there for that. he has been unlucky wth injury. and i think he should be offered a new deal next yr.

Anyone agreee or disagree. but if u disagree i want a good reason.
smile.gif

I agree.

Yesterday he put in a good performance, made tackles, made runs and took some good shots. Don't see why we shouldn't keep him for at least some depth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 09 2004,09:57)]I agree.

Yesterday he put in a good performance, made tackles, made runs and took some good shots.  Don't see why we shouldn't keep him for at least some depth.
... yes but making tackles, going on runs and shooting is what he's paid for.

I think it's economics, if we can get a better (fitter?) player for less, do so. If we can't, keep him.

Yea, definately a keeper. Could of sulked off yesterday after being asked to play centre-mid, but did really well IMO. Made some good tackles and smart runs.

We know what he can do out wide and also up front, so take a chance on another year I say.

Yes keep him - been unlucky with injuries but there's definately some skill and a brain in his head. I've always been a fan of his and thought he had a good game in midfield yesterday. He's one of the few people who can actually keep the ball on the floor when he shoots as well.

Agree with you Pato that Corbett is techincally a very good player and if he could remain fit would be a defo to keep. However I think he has only been fit for about 30% of the games this season. He also suffered injuries in his time at Blackburn.

Southend cant really afford to have players that are never fit. Looking at this season Leke,Fullarton,Husbands,Clarky , Warren and Jim have been unfit for vast majority of the season.

I would give him another year but if he dont play much again then he must go.

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 09 2004,10:01)]I think it's economics, if we can get a better (fitter?) player for less, do so. If we can't, keep him.
This is a gd point bt i still feel he should be kept!! Gd player works hard wateva the situation.

Since we beat Lincoln 3-0 I have been praising Corbett even though he got injured that day. I admit he is a bit chubby at the moment, but he has just got back from a very lengthy injury, and I think over the summer he will get fitter.

I can't really see us being able to get a better player. At Rochdale, Torquay and Yeovil he has been playing out of position and has shown his spirit and abolity, also he has an absolute spot on control.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ May 09 2004,10:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 09 2004,10:29)]Speak engllish
who's that to
rock.gif
You. You aren't texting so don't abbreviate words.

As for Corbett, I guess that it depends on his wages. If he is one of the top earners then I don't think we can justify keeping him, no matter how good he is on the rare occasions that he is fit. If he's noit earning more than most players then I'd like to see him given another one year deal to see what he can do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 09 2004,11:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ May 09 2004,10:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 09 2004,10:29)]Speak engllish
who's that to
rock.gif
You. You aren't texting so don't abbreviate words.

As for Corbett, I guess that it depends on his wages. If he is one of the top earners then I don't think we can justify keeping him, no matter how good he is on the rare occasions that he is fit. If he's noit earning more than most players then I'd like to see him given another one year deal to see what he can do.
oh i apoligise. sorry, il write in full.

All depends on his wages. If he wants alot IMO let him go. However he is a flexible player and going by the left foot shot he had yesterday that nearly caused the equaliser he has good technique and when fit also has pace.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mighty_blues @ May 09 2004,11:35)]All depends on his wages. If he wants alot IMO let him go. However he is a flexible player and going by the left foot shot he had yesterday that nearly caused the equaliser he has good technique and when fit also has pace.
That's a good point. I seem to remember when he played up front (along side Drewe if I recall correctly) he showed very good pace. I'd actually like to see him given a go along side Dudfield - we'd have to play balls in to feet rather than lumping it forward and expecting them to win headers all the time though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ May 09 2004,11:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mighty_blues @ May 09 2004,11:35)]All depends on his wages. If he wants alot IMO let him go. However he is a flexible player and going by the left foot shot he had yesterday that nearly caused the equaliser he has good technique and when fit also has pace.
That's a good point.  I seem to remember when he played up front (along side Drewe if I recall correctly) he showed very good pace.  I'd actually like to see him given a go along side Dudfield - we'd have to play balls in to feet rather than lumping it forward and expecting them to win headers all the time though.
Heaven forbid. I think Cort and all that would have a breakdown trying to figure out ball to feet.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 09 2004,13:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ May 09 2004,11:42)]
[b said:
That's a good point.  I seem to remember when he played up front (along side Drewe if I recall correctly) he showed very good pace.  I'd actually like to see him given a go along side Dudfield - we'd have to play balls in to feet rather than lumping it forward and expecting them to win headers all the time though.
Heaven forbid. I think Cort and all that would have a breakdown trying to figure out ball to feet.
tounge.gif
A novel concept I grant you, but you never know, it might just work!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 09 2004,18:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ May 09 2004,18:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ May 09 2004,11:32)]oh i apoligise. sorry, il write in full.
oh = Oh
apoligise = apologise
sorry = Sorry
il = I'll
and no need for the comma
wink.gif

tounge.gif
and "i" = "I"  

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
Sounds like a ship on here, apart from the lack of any Seaman Staines?

Agreed. Corbett has to stay. I do have my doubts that Tilson will give him a new contract though.
sad.gif

Back