• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Contract News

• Thread starter Thread starter Javea Shrimper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    cort

Javea Shrimper

Have I missed anything? Last week it was hoped that Maher, Cort, Constantine and Smith would give the club an answer on their two-year deal offers last Friday.

It's now Tuesday.

Is this lack of news somewhat disconcerting?

WS

I dont think they were giving their answers on Friday. It was just going to be news on the rest of the squad and then players would eventually sign, when they were ready. I'd imagine we'll get a clear idea of the squad within the next week or so, so Tilly can go out and get replacements (if some dont stay) and also a GK, winger and striker ...

Kev

Yes too quiet for my liking.

I thought that they were being formally offered their contracts on Friday, but I can't see Maher and Conny staying, with Maher beign the first out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2004,17:35)]I dont think they were giving their answers on Friday.
Kev, as reported on the official site last week, it was implied that they'd given the impression they would give Tilson an answer :

Tilson is waiting to hear from Kevin Maher, Leon Cort, Leon Constantine and Jay Smith to accept or turn down the two-year deals offered earlier in the week. [He] is hopeful that the four players will sign these deals at the end of this week.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 18 2004,17:37)]Yes too quiet for my liking.

I thought that they were being formally offered their contracts on Friday, but I can't see Maher and Conny staying, with Maher beign the first out.
I see that Hull City Online are suggesting that Peter Taylor might be trying to entice Maher and Cort to the KFC Stadium. And the TLG has even suggested that Taylor might go for the hat-trick with Constantine now that he is out of the running for David Graham.

Three influential players in one hit could be damaging ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 18 2004,17:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2004,17:35)]I dont think they were giving their answers on Friday.
Kev, as reported on the official site last week, it was implied that they'd given the impression they would give Tilson an answer :

Tilson is waiting to hear from Kevin Maher, Leon Cort, Leon Constantine and Jay Smith to accept or turn down the two-year deals offered earlier in the week. [He] is hopeful that the four players will sign these deals at the end of this week.

WS
Shows how much i know then. I dont feel that Maher will be here next season. I'm pretty sure of that actually ...

Kev

sad.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 18 2004,17:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 18 2004,17:37)]Yes too quiet for my liking.

I see that Hull City Online are suggesting that Peter Taylor might be trying to entice Maher and Cort to the KFC Stadium. And the TLG has even suggested that Taylor might go for the hat-trick with Constantine now that he is out of the running for David Graham.

Three influential players in one hit could be damaging ...

WS
Very damaging.

Nothing like gutting your home team, who you've said you would like to manage again!

Please don't be greedy Spud just take Cort.

Peter Taylor is a w***er- he is supposed to be a 'friend' of the club but he is always prowling around our best players. He even tried to hijack the Jay Smith deal a couple of years back. Get some f**king imagination Taylor and look elsewhere...

Back