• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Comedy Club tomorrow (Thursday)

Really looking forward to this. I will be there with the Mrs

Terrific night's entertainment. Kev and Benno seemed to enjoy it too.

Excellent evening, my cheeks ached from laughing! Not seen Ninia Benjamin before, but she had me in stitches. Bob Mills and Terry Alderton, of course, are well known - both great fun too. Anyone know who the lad was giving Terry grief?!

Great night. Ninia Benjamin was extremely funny. Bob Mills on first was a great opener and Terry Alderton concluded it brilliantly. Kev and Benno were there (as was Phil Gridelet) and seemed to be loving it as well.

So there were a couple of interesting snippets from Kev... he was of the opinion that there was no way Ron would let the club die and that we would be out of the embargo on or by 23rd August. It was a concern that we would be back under another embargo soon afterwards though.

In respect of new players, he said that firstly "They were all gone" (I assume he means his targets) and secondly that no-one would deal with us.

But being in the position he was in, and knowing he couldn't say too much, I asked him if he thought we'd be alright this season.

His response was "I ****ing hope so!"

Let's just hope that Ron either gets significant outside investment or finds a buyer sooner rather than later.

Oh, and I got my pre ordered home shirt yesterday so wore it last night. It got some good comments and the general consensus was that it was the best one for years.

Last edited:

Shrimpers Trust

poedSostrn2g834aa7a452mmfh5gli63509u79c349uh05agm00tm9h81glg ·

Had a fantastic night at the Joker Comedy Club at the Chalkwell park rooms. All the acts were absolutely brilliant (Terry Alderton, Ninia Benjamin, Bob Mills and Michael Legge) would highly recommend paying the venue a visit as well as checking out these comedians.
Kevin Maher and Mark Bentley joined us as special guests and hope they also had a great night too.
The club raised a whopping £2,600 for the cause.
👏
👏

Thank you Gary Jackets for the organising.

364809787_10161824752566320_4670121800355324519_n.jpg

Back