• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Chelmsford City 0-1 Southend United, pre-season friendly

Don't know. A few of us are looking for a pub to eat first. If anyone knows of somewhere decent.
See my post just before yours - it appears The Red Beret does good as well according to their website.

The Flyer (near Morrisons) is not far away either and I think there’s a footpath shortcut through to the stadium from there.

There’s a decent chippy on the parade of shops by the red beret.

Burger van inside the ground isn’t half bad either, complete with onions!

You won't find anything 'decent' close to the ground. Melbourne is not the best of areas to put it mildly. You're better off eating/drinking in the City Centre itself. Loads of pubs & eateries. You can then get a cab from the train or bus station to the ground.
Melbourne I was told by an estate agent 25 years ago was an up and coming area I laughed ! To be fair it seems to have improved over the years.
Anyone thought of using the X bus to Stansted it goes down Broomfield Rd could try getting off at the KFC (unofficial stop) !and walking to the ground .

Yeah, never been there to watch anyone else.
From the conversation I had, it would appear Chelmsford are overestimating numbers. Its a friendly not a league game (yet)

So hopefully they will see sense and everyone will get served.

Reactions: GBJ
From the conversation I had, it would appear Chelmsford are overestimating numbers. Its a friendly not a league game (yet)

So hopefully they will see sense and everyone will get served.
There is a shed bar at the entrance with beers on tap aside from the club house so even if you can't get in the club house, which is unlikely in my opinion, you'll still be able to get a beer.

Melbourne I was told by an estate agent 25 years ago was an up and coming area I laughed ! To be fair it seems to have improved over the years.
Anyone thought of using the X bus to Stansted it goes down Broomfield Rd could try getting off at the KFC (unofficial stop) !and walking to the ground .
Or a stop later at The Angel, which is a decent pub with food. About a 40 minute walk from there though (or get one of the Ride scooters!)

We bought a house here in 2019, dictated by what we could afford close enough to the station for work. It's not bad to be fair

Back