• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Cav Miley - when fit would you start him straight away?

leeblue

Members⭐🦐
Does he walk back into the team?
I think we've missed that DM who breaks up play, the bigger dilemma is who to drop. The three on Saturday were good.

I think we've missed that DM who breaks up play, the bigger dilemma is who to drop. The three on Saturday were good.
Husin plays so well in that position too. Keeps us flowing better and is more at ease than Morton there but I think he still gets back in for Kev IMO. I think he’s not been fit since that last injury and a fully firing Cav is a Rolls-Royce and exceptional player that we haven’t seen for a bit. We have a really strong midfield and good balance when all fit I feel now. KAF and Moncur have really made us strong there.

The last time Cav was out for weeks with his "Deadleg" Husin had also filled the role very well, imo, cav came back and struggled for his usual game for at least 5 games before getting up to match fitness, obviously kev had no choice back then!
So he should come back via the subs bench especially now with the extra subs being allowed.

He will probably be eased back in as a sub when he's ready. Going by Saturday's performance, he shouldn't walk straight back into the starting line up. He will have to wait for an injury, loss of form, or rotation with the other midfielders.

Miley is one of the best players in the National League. It is absolutely no coincidence that we've had a rock solid defence since he came in.

Personally for me, if he's fit he starts. We've really missed him and you can see that from the goals against column. I think you look at others to drop out to accommodate KAF, nice issue to have.

Can is a way off yet and unless its a real emergency then no player starts after a decent length of time out. Kev will do his 65mins sub with Cav. Will be the same for Walker and Coker.

That aside as soon as he is fit he will start because he one of the best in the NL at his job. Plus "Never change winning team" is now 30 years out of date. As we proved from Eastleigh to Sutton, your next result is never certain in this league.

Last edited:
Miley is one of the best players in the National League. It is absolutely no coincidence that we've had a rock solid defence since he came in.

Personally for me, if he's fit he starts. We've really missed him and you can see that from the goals against column. I think you look at others to drop out to accommodate KAF, nice issue to have.
And this is the crux, if he's fit. Well, let's give him time and opportunity to achieve those magic words, without pressing him before he's ready, We now have options available for this to happen.

If JG has got his hands on him I don't expect him to be 'walking' anywhere............

When he is ready to return it should depend on the current starting XI. If we are coming off the back of a victory and good performance then bench, if we need to freshen things up after a poor display then make the change.

A nice problem to have.

How many yellows had Cav collected befor his injury lay off? My recolletcion was he had at least 3?
I could, as always be wrong, but I think he had 4. I was keeping count as he was my most yellow cards in the season punt.

Nice decision to have, but as @bluesfansince1952 said, by the time he is fit again injuries or suspensions might influence that decision.

For a change with our squad over recent years, there is/will be a decision to be made, which hasn't always been the case in recent seasons. Also form and the opponents we are due to face could be an influencing factor too.

Last edited:
Back