• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, definitely Chris Powell for me, he would have immediate respect from players and fans, and he has his own unique SUFC song......:winking:

cp.jpg

Oh dear, something is very rotten in the court of Roots Hall. I have heard rumours and I have heard things said, and it's blatantly clear that something is very seriously wrong.

Ron looks to have a decision to make in the next week or so, I can't see him allowing this to continue too much longer now.

Would you be so kind as to share some of what you know please? It would be interesting to hear some info (whether correct or not)

I really can't see us having anyone lined up to replace Phil

You clearly don't know RM well enough then

Martin had Sturrock lined up after we sacked Tilson.

Same with Brown for Sturrock. He seems to always someone up his sleeve. Saves on the job adverts I guess. :winking:

Sturrock & Brown were brought in during the close season and very close to the end of the season respectively, indicating Ron had been planning to swing the axe for some time. Do people really think he's been planning to sack Brown 3 games into the season? because that's just insane. If we sack Brown NOW there will be no instant replacement, and certainly not in time to get players in before deadline day. We are far more likely to get players in before the deadline with Brown in charge than with no-one/a caretaker. I'm not saying we could or should keep Brown until the end of the season, but if anyone thinks sacking him now for the reason of getting transfers done is the way to go I think you'll be disappointed.

Ron just won't pay him. Didn't he do that with Tilly?

If I was Brown I would insist on seeing the money before I agreed to go, if he is on a contract he can just tough it out and watch the cash come in each month. Unless he has a job lined up elsewhere already, I can't see him walking away without a decent payoff which is not going to be delayed in payment.

Drastic™;1885925 said:
Sturrock & Brown were brought in during the close season and very close to the end of the season respectively, indicating Ron had been planning to swing the axe for some time. Do people really think he's been planning to sack Brown 3 games into the season? because that's just insane. If we sack Brown NOW there will be no instant replacement, and certainly not in time to get players in before deadline day. We are far more likely to get players in before the deadline with Brown in charge than with no-one/a caretaker. I'm not saying we could or should keep Brown until the end of the season, but if anyone thinks sacking him now for the reason of getting transfers done is the way to go I think you'll be disappointed.
Madness, why would Ron let Brown sign players the new manager may not want ?

If I was Brown I would insist on seeing the money before I agreed to go, if he is on a contract he can just tough it out and watch the cash come in each month. Unless he has a job lined up elsewhere already, I can't see him walking away without a decent payoff which is not going to be delayed in payment.

Ron will find a way. :winking:

I just don't understand people who say that last season does not count. We are debating the manager here and his qualities as a motivator, organiser, tactics and picking of the team etc. His/teams record over the last 8 games with whatever players have been available has been appalling and has as we all know set a new club record.

There are obviously serious problems within the squad which PB has to accept responsibility for. He picks the team. He picks the tactics. He does the team talks and decides substitutions etc etc. When we win he accepts the plaudits and we hen we lose he should accept the criticism.

There are questions about morale within the dressing room and PB's role within it and I certainly have heard stories and I genuine believe he has lost the confidence of a number of players. Once lost it is extremely difficult to retrieve it.

I am sorry but I think it is time for him to move on. A defeat at Sheffield United is very likely and it's time for RM to act soon.

If Ron and Phil are not in Starbucks at the top of Southend High Street for there Sunday morning coffee at 11 o clock tomorrow morning , then Phil has gone .

I hate how managers can be sacked for not doing a good enough job and still have their contract paid in full.

If we do sack Brown, with his successor someone tell Ron to put in adequate release clauses to protect the club as they have with Nile Ranger and set a precedence.

If these players PB wants are way out of our wage/transfer structure, how is that Ron's fault?
Surely it's down to Ron to tell Brown the shopping list is unrealistic and we need to rethink asap. Going along with Browns list, we should be seeing more signings if all within budget and Ron is happy so do not understand the lack of signings. If we are hanging out hat on certain signings which bigger clubs are also looking at we need be sure we are not wasting our time otherwise move for other targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back