• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"3 players came on. 1 is an under 21 for Swansea & the other 2 played for Chelmsford last year. That highlights the problems we’ve got."

I'm sorry, but King is one of his signings, why bring him in if you are going to make comments like that about him? The more he speaks the less sense he makes.

Truth is,

Piggy and Bents saved Phil !

Uninspiring football and utterly clueless,keep the ball and do pretty patterns In your own third is pointless.

Not my kind of football whatsoever.

Not for me. There's clearly problems with the team. The squad is not strong enough. Defensively we are poor (something Brown detests.) Creativity from the midfield poor. Midfield currently poor. Not convinced by Oxley. Can't convert chances. However, I don't subscribe to the losing run carrying on from last season. Same with a winning run. New season= new start, etc.

I like Brown and am thankful for the promotion and what he achieved last season. Does that mean I never question him? No because he's not exempt from criticism. I honestly don't think his performance this season warrants the sack but certainly needs improving and fast. My concern over the summer when he spoke openly about jobs that interested him was that I want to see him show that he still really wants to be here. To make my club a success. Hand on heart, I'm not sure I've seen that yet.

Final point, after his suspension from Bury last season I wonder if his presence is being missed more than we realise on the touchline.

Great. Then the transfer window is firmly shut and any new manager has no ability to sign permanent players.

I really can't see us having anyone lined up to replace Phil so we'd have to rush an appointment to get him in before the window closes, and I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd rather we spent some time finding a good manager than worrying about the transfer window and rushing in someone who will just repeat Brown's mistakes. We've got a good squad core the tactics are just poor. We need a couple more players but there's no way a new manager will find them within a week.

I really can't see us having anyone lined up to replace Phil so we'd have to rush an appointment to get him in before the window closes, and I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd rather we spent some time finding a good manager than worrying about the transfer window and rushing in someone who will just repeat Brown's mistakes. We've got a good squad the tactics are just poor.

You clearly don't know RM well enough then

Martin had Sturrock lined up after we sacked Tilson.

Same with Brown for Sturrock. He seems to always someone up his sleeve. Saves on the job adverts I guess. :winking:

It does appear that Brown has some strange ideas about man management. Remember AB being out in the cold not long after his return and telling a fan that the manager had not spoken to him about his reasons for not picking him. Then there was the interview CP did with Dave Worrall after he left for Millwall and his take on how PB had treated him. Just a couple of instances of course, and players will always moan when not picked. But it is the way PB apparently goes about it. I guess it is just a question of style of management. But right now that style, allied to a playing style, is producing a dire position. Ron must be a very worried man. But can he afford to sack PB? The termination payment must be very significant one would think. Sleepless nights for Ron one suspects.

You clearly don't know RM well enough then

I expect Ron was planning to sack Sturrock weeks before he told him, and only told him once he'd found a suitable replacement. I can't see him having someone lined up with the expectation of sacking Brown before the season began, or even for him to have put feelers out.

greyerfox;1885844 Ron must be a very worried man. But can he afford to sack PB? The termination payment must be very significant one would think. Sleepless nights for Ron one suspects.[/QUOTE said:
Im not sure that PB signed a new deal so maybe not!

We have exceptionally well documented the current problems with our set up, which need to be addressed. The tragedy for me is just how strongly I have been advocating getting early into the transfer market and getting a settled squad and indeed a larger one given the new transfer embargo rules. Its been so frustrating watching this debacle unfold. I was really pleased and excited when Phil came out and said he recognised these advantages and had the opportunity this year to sort things early as he wasnt encumbered by the play offs,
So what the Fuke happened??
Despite this I strongly believe it is the wrong time to sack the Manager. With just 2 weeks left in the transfer market we can still sort things out and pull things around. We started poorly last year. We do need to see the re-reinforcements in midfield , upfront and and at centre back , joining the arena very quickly. Also what might it cost to relieve Phil of his generous contract and add-ons? #Gotta keep the faith a little longer and even more importantly the support for our boys in voice and numbers. However I have seen Ron act very suddenly when he feels he needs to

but RM is part of the problem, can't you see?

He he will not invest so whatever manager comes in we will struggle.

Ron should be on Dragons Den, "sorry I'm out"
We've had a revolving door policy for some years.... Has it changed? How many have come in recently? We are skint... Have been for many years...and will continue to be skint... Brown knew that when he came here

I've always liked but Phil and always thought he was one day going to head back to the big time just because he ego alone wouldn't allow him not to have another shot at it. But enough is enough now, thanks for the day at Wembley and getting us out of the basement division. It's time to call it a day, Phils a failed "higher level" manager, who doesn't have any ideas and is living in the past on his reputation as a former premiership manager. I can't see any reason why he would get another crack at a championship job, let alone a premiership job.
His stock is very low right now... The cv is looking old and tired

Next game is a very difficult away match (Sheff Utd), I don't have high expectations however I do expect us to beat Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood at home, if we don't get something from both of the latter games then I would say his tenure needs to come to a close.

Problem then is it will cost us and with no evident budget to invest in depth of the squad we are then going to find it difficult to recruit a decent replacement. I've regularly defended PB but it's close to a changing of the guard, but who comes in or who will want to come in is another debate...

basically we are screwed

Unless we win the next 3 games

If Ron does not sack him . He then deserves everything that he is going to get .I have stuck through Phil brown through out .But now it is time for him to admit that he can no longer hope to get the fans backing .He and cogs have had there chance now is the time to replace them before we slip so far in the mire like col u last season we wont be able to get out of it . :angry::angry:

We have exceptionally well documented the current problems with our set up, which need to be addressed. The tragedy for me is just how strongly I have been advocating getting early into the transfer market and getting a settled squad and indeed a larger one given the new transfer embargo rules. Its been so frustrating watching this debacle unfold. I was really pleased and excited when Phil came out and said he recognised these advantages and had the opportunity this year to sort things early as he wasnt encumbered by the play offs,
So what the Fuke happened??
Despite this I strongly believe it is the wrong time to sack the Manager. With just 2 weeks left in the transfer market we can still sort things out and pull things around. We started poorly last year. We do need to see the re-reinforcements in midfield , upfront and and at centre back , joining the arena very quickly. Also what might it cost to relieve Phil of his generous contract and add-ons? #Gotta keep the faith a little longer and even more importantly the support for our boys in voice and numbers. However I have seen Ron act very suddenly when he feels he needs to

We went to Spain (when it was hotter here)

Not sure about the lost the dressing room rumour. Just think some of the players we have are just not good enough for this league. Allways been keen on Brown, but I do think it is time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back