• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked but Phil and always thought he was one day going to head back to the big time just because he ego alone wouldn't allow him not to have another shot at it. But enough is enough now, thanks for the day at Wembley and getting us out of the basement division. It's time to call it a day, Phils a failed "higher level" manager, who doesn't have any ideas and is living in the past on his reputation as a former premiership manager. I can't see any reason why he would get another crack at a championship job, let alone a premiership job.

I agree Ron is part of the problem as well,if brown is giving him a list of players we wants to buy ,then it's down to the chairman surely to at least get these players in .it don't add up I will look forward to Browns excuses tonight

I agree Ron is part of the problem as well,if brown is giving him a list of players we wants to buy ,then it's down to the chairman surely to at least get these players in .it don't add up I will look forward to Browns excuses tonight

If these players PB wants are way out of our wage/transfer structure, how is that Ron's fault?

My mistake, the way you go on about him, defending him, can't see what he is doing to this club, etc etc etc, you seem more of a PB fan than a Southend United fan.

Perhaps your username should be SUFCdream

I just try to live my life without extremes. He has done good...then ok...now not great. But have a look at other clubs...Newcastle...charlton. It's not easy running football clubs when you have cash....harder when you have none. 3 defeats is crap...but I can't see what bringing a new manager in with 2 weeks in the transfer window with no money to spend would do to benefit us.

My usename is because the kids sing a song about Phil brown dreams...

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

This is NOT a Brown out thread.

There seems to be quite a split, although for possibly the first time since Wignall, the majority of fans seem to want the manager out.

So, a 48 hour poll, just to see what the split is amongst the fan base, do you think Phil Brown should be sacked? Yes or no.

Oh dear, something is very rotten in the court of Roots Hall. I have heard rumours and I have heard things said, and it's blatantly clear that something is very seriously wrong.

Ron looks to have a decision to make in the next week or so, I can't see him allowing this to continue too much longer now.

Ditto.
Seems rumours are rife at the moment and whilst some of them are sound and plausible other maybe not so.

You are right. People say fans are fickle but the last manager to come under such pressure from Southend fans was Wignall and that was 13 years ago.

I just try to live my life without extremes. He has done good...then ok...now not great. But have a look at other clubs...Newcastle...charlton. It's not easy running football clubs when you have cash....harder when you have none. 3 defeats if crap...but I can't see what bringing a new manager in with 2 weeks in the transfer window with no money to spend would do to benefit us.

My usename is because the kids sing a song about dreams...

It's 8 defeats. Last season, this season, it's all the same.

Who says we don't have any money. We were trying to coax Simpson here so must have some. 9 players went at the end of last season, some were high earners and we haven't replaced them properly. There are plenty of other clubs with lack of funds like ourselves but have managed to get decent quality players in.

There is something not quite right here and the crux of the matter is that it centres around PB. The time is right for a change of management before we get to the point of no return and end up back in L2. A manager with fresh ideas, who can get something different from the players, knows how to attack and defend. I'd have Chris Powell here tomorrow

We get beat Tuesday and if he is still here Saturday we could have powder keg situation on our hands should Brizzle tear us a new one.

I think the time could be coming but I don't think we're quite there as yet.....close, but not quite.

Get rid while the window is still open so a new man has time to still get some players in

Brown hasn't been focused on Southend since the Bolton speculation. Get rid before it's too late

I'd say 3 games isn't enough time to judge how a season is going, so I'd give him a couple of weeks to sort it out, but if we haven't won in the next 3 or 4 Phil needs to go, assuming we can afford to sack him.

I'd say 3 games isn't enough time to judge how a season is going, so I'd give him a couple of weeks to sort it out, but if we haven't won in the next 3 or 4 Phil needs to go, assuming we can afford to sack him.

Great. Then the transfer window is firmly shut and any new manager has no ability to sign permanent players.

Well something needs to happen.
Out of curiosity how long does he have left on his contract? As I thought he signed for another three years last year with add on clauses in the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back