• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest the financial implications of sacking PB would be very costly. He has just under 2 years left I believe of a 3 year contract. This alone would have to be considered if RM was considering a change in management.

If our downturn in form continued to around Christmas time and we were near the bottom of the table then it would be the right move to seriously consider our options.

PB new contract however should be put firmly on hold though.

James, because people tell the truth it does not make them a fool. You also accused another poster of being a relative of PB for not agreeing with your blind whinging.

Read my post again, I don't think you've quite understood it. I am criticising people who used the fact that "we won 7 games in a row last April" in League 2 as the basis of their argument that our early form last season in League 1 was unacceptable. Using form from the tail end of last season as an argument is realistic if that form last season was in the same division. If it was in a different division and therefore with a different standard of opponent so that comparison/argument can't be made.

Instead of PB getting his P45, how about he sorts out what backroom staff may be superfluous AND then gets in the likes of Ron's Benfleet Road neighbour, Teddy Sherringham, (or Peter Taylor) for a few months as part time attack/midfield coach and get the forwards/wingers/midfielders/set pieces improved. Teddy might pick up some knowledge from PB and be a "sounding board" for ideas.

Brown Out...and Now

Tuesday was a club record seventh successive loss so that has been extended today, it's time to bin Brown and his entourage of Shaw (I could scout better players) and Horton (what does he actually do).

Browns negative and boring football is hard to watch when nicking 1-0 wins in league two but the past eight months we change tactics all the time, never pick a consistent team selection and the manager publicly hangs his players out to dry.

Touted himself for every half decent job coupled with his mood swings and mind games with the players has seen him lose the changing room, a big reason Payne (just scored @ St James's Park) was intent on leaning towards the end.

Brown bemoaned the lack of characters and quality in his squad this week but he has signed almost every player in the squad, he has long run out of excuses.

Have some dignity and walk

Couldn't agree more.

I have never been a brown fan and have never enjoyed his style of football, but whilst it go results it was tolerated.

He has lost the faith of the fans and more importantly the dressing room.

Time to go and bring home Chrissy powell

I really do think it may be time for a change for the good of the club. Whatever the reason may be; be it losing the dressing room, his touting of himself in the media or just his lack of tactical acumen, it simply isn't working right now. Fair play he got us up from league 2, but it's gone very stale and since the turn of the year we have been alarmingly poor.

There are no guarantees in football, but I think a fresh approach can only benefit us right now. Brown may well turn this around, but even if he does he'll be back in the media stating his interest in every job possible as soon as he strings a few results together. It all comes down to whether you think he is honestly the best man for our club right now, and regardless of your feelings for the promotion and keeping us up last season I really think you'd be hard pressed to argue that he is.

There is an overwhelming feeling of negativity around at the moment, and it is centred around Brown and a lot of his actions both in and outside of the club recently. This can't be having a good impact on the players, we are in a rut and something needs to be done.

Some people keep defending Brown, but I don't see the point, he needs to go before it's too late. He's always been tactically awful and his player management is very poor.

He brings in decent players and makes them look ordinary, and when so called poor players leave they suddenly look like great players at other clubs. Funny that.

8 defeats on the bounce is a joke, it cannot continue.

2 wks of the transfer window left and the situation is now urgent. Either brown has to go and new manager has chance to rectify things in the market, or the club need to pull their finger out and start signing players. We will be a drift at the bottom before too much longer

Oh dear, something is very rotten in the court of Roots Hall. I have heard rumours and I have heard things said, and it's blatantly clear that something is very seriously wrong.

Ron looks to have a decision to make in the next week or so, I can't see him allowing this to continue too much longer now.

I wonder what Ron 'sees in his eyes' (remember that?), especially given all the come and get me pleas over the summer.

Yes bottom of the table, out of cup, lack of signings, terrible run of defects. Time for Martin to act now to give a new manager time to make his mark and change style of play and sign his own players.

Brown is a great talker but good bye another failed manager. Remember we only got promotion by the skin of our teeth.

ACT RON NOW.

Yes bottom of the table, out of cup, lack of signings, terrible run of defects. Time for Martin to act now to give a new manager time to make his mark and change style of play and sign his own players.

Brown is a great talker but good bye another failed manager. Remember we only got promotion by the skin of our teeth.

ACT RON NOW.

Agreed and with a squad of players that really should have cantered to a top 3 finish.

ACT RON NOW.

but RM is part of the problem, can't you see?

He he will not invest so whatever manager comes in we will struggle.

Ron should be on Dragons Den, "sorry I'm out"

He really hasn't done himself any favours with his behaviour in the media. Maybe if he'd distanced himself from the job speculation and really shown his commitment people would be more willing to give him a bit more time. He quite frankly took the **** out of our club on that football league show last year, and the goodwill gained from the promotion has now gone. Reading between the lines of what certain people are saying he has lost the dressing room, and once you've lost that and the belief of the fans it's time to leave.

Do I? I'm fairly sure I've supported SUFC long before and will Long after brown...silly boy.

My mistake, the way you go on about him, defending him, can't see what he is doing to this club, etc etc etc, you seem more of a PB fan than a Southend United fan.

Perhaps your username should be SUFCdream

Players publicly call Brown a ****. Like a petulant child he is changing training schedules with minimal notice, cancelling players private plans almost out of spite. After away losses he buggers off back 'oop Norf and he doesn't inform the players of whether or not they have to report for Sunday training until way past midnight thus ruining the players potential downtime or evenings out which they are entitled to. It's all vicious mind games just like when he publicly slaughters players to deflect the blame.

The ego has imploded, get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back