• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boston Pitch

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
What an absolute state the pitch was in made playing fluent football impossible as I said to Kev this is why Boston have such a good home run because they know how to play on a mixture of sand and grass what a total joke I think the FA should next season bring in tighter constrictions on how the playing surface is so they stop teams like Boston just throwing sand everywhere to stop the pitch from cutting up, at least the ball can be passed along it!
The ammount of miss kicks tonight and bobbled passes was a total joke since Southend have been playing better football on the floor im my opinion we had no hope! Boston who all well know about their pitch played the ball more in the air wich I think was the right thing to do.

mad.gif

Rant over

Apparently the sand was there to protect the pitch from frost.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Jan. 13 2005,08:52)]Apparently the sand was there to protect the pitch from frost.
Frost ! Absolute b******s. It was there to protect the pitch from football , the same way 2 years ago the pitch had ridges in it and Boston just hoofed the ball in the air and waited to see which way the ball bounced before attacking.

The Football League should investigate such underhand practices.

Once a cheat , always a cheat.

From the top of the club (Steve Evans), to the groundsman, to the turnstile operator who charged us a tenner "because we have no change" Boston is bent!

mcnasty is quite correct, as usual.  IMHO Boston are in an elevated position in the league solely due to the state of their pitch.  Their respective records show this to be fairly indisputable

Home : Played 13  Won 8 Drawn 5 Lost 0 Points 29
Away : Played 13  Won 2 Drawn 4 Lost 7 Points 10

Even Cambridge who are bottom have 7 points away from home.  It was totally impossible to play any sort of creative football that pitch on with the bounce of the ball all over the place.  Everytime the ball came down from any height a huge plume of sand erupted from the surface.  It was also very difficult for the players to turn or stop at any pace, which if you'd have seen on a pitch that was frozen you would have said was unplayable.

Basically Boston are, and always will be, non league scum who should have been left to rot in the lowest league possible after it was PROVEN that they cheated their way out of the conference.  That Steve Evans was ever allowed back into any level of football is a disgrace that the football authorities should be ashamed of!  
mad.gif
  I thought this last year when we stuffed them off the park so my views are not affected by the fact that we lost last night.

Your Hooly Tours correspondent

Piers St John (pronounced Singen to you plebs!) Cowbit B'Stard  
wink.gif

I think the trust could bring this up with the Club and the F.A and it would be worthwhile you cant be allowed to play like this!

I thought you might make this point on here Scott!! Well i'm doing (well, will be doing) the match report and im sure there will be a few mentions of the pitch ...

wink.gif

Back