• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby Unwin

Gazza121

Evening,

Seems he on trial with Swansea atm. Of was last week anyway.

Anyone seen him play? What's he like?

Evening,

Seems he on trial with Swansea atm. Of was last week anyway.

Anyone seen him play? What's he like?
Winger. Decent on the ball, tall (for a winger) but slight. One for the future rather than any time soon. Has had loan spells at Bishops Stortford and Hendon (both two levels below the NL) without making much impact.

I imagine this means he’s a victim of the cull of the u23s at the end of the year. He’s a 3rd year scholar and I doubt he’s ready for the first team squad whereas Swansea can probably afford to give him a year or two to see if he kicks on or not.

I suspect we may see several others out on trial in an attempt to let them get themselves clubs ahead of the summer rush. It seems decisions have already been made on a lot on them. We may see the retained list issued a lot earlier (and with fewer players unaccounted for!) than in previous seasons.

@Gazza121 did Harry Seaden get himself a contract in the end?

Winger. Decent on the ball, tall (for a winger) but slight. One for the future rather than any time soon. Has had loan spells at Bishops Stortford and Hendon (both two levels below the NL) without making much impact.

I imagine this means he’s a victim of the cull of the u23s at the end of the year. He’s a 3rd year scholar and I doubt he’s ready for the first team squad whereas Swansea can probably afford to give him a year or two to see if he kicks on or not.

I suspect we may see several others out on trial in an attempt to let them get themselves clubs ahead of the summer rush. It seems decisions have already been made on a lot on them. We may see the retained list issued a lot earlier (and with fewer players unaccounted for!) than in previous seasons.

@Gazza121 did Harry Seaden get himself a contract in the end?
Did I read that Harry is trialing at Derby now?

I wouldn't have pegged Unwin from what I've seen as one of our most likely to get a deal at a higher level - but always happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Back