• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues to start season with big show of support

SOUTHEND United fans are being urged to play their part in a unified show of support ahead of Saturday's National League opener against York City on Saturday.

Shrimpers fans will cover the home end in blue and yellow cards at Roots Hall and will spell out 1906, the year the club was formed, in the West Stand

Solopress will also be running a competition for one supporter to win a signed 2024/25 shirt with details on the reverse side of the cards.

Jane Wickens, Head of Marketing at Solopress, said: “All of us here at Solopress are enormously proud of our association with Southend United Football Club over recent years.

"As one of the UK’s leading print companies who also sponsors a football stand, it’s frankly scandalous that we haven’t attempted a tifo before.

"With Solopress’ reputation for great quality print, and the commitment and enthusiasm of the Southend United fans, we’re looking forward to an impressive display!”

Rhys Ellingham, Commercial & Operations Director, added: “It’s a new era at Roots Hall and we’re excited to reveal plans to mark the occasion with a tifo.

"I’d like to thank the team at Solopress for working with us on this idea and also thank the supporters who will be helping the club with set-up on Friday!

“We have a new selection of beers at the Stadium and would encourage supporters to get to Roots Hall as early as possible to cheer on Kevin Maher’s side as we embark on our new campaign together."

Blues have already sold more than 4,000 season cards for the campaign ahead and a big crowd is expected for Saturday's game which is the first since the consortium officially took control of the club.

Tifo is the phenomenon whereby tifosi of a sports team make a visual display of any choreographed flag, sign or banner in the stands of a stadium, mostly as part of an association football match.

Good old Wikipedia 👍
I know “What’s tifosi?” 🤷‍♂️

Wikipedia again…….
Tifosi is a group of supporters of a sports team, especially those that make up a tifo.

Tifo is the Italian for fan Tifosi are fans the display is choregraphie, not that Im a pedant about such things of course.

Yep you old timers would not be able to stand the pace of us in there. I am surprised you have now gone down to The South Lower this year with your fragile legs. :Moon:

Pace!? Pacemaker more like!

😇😜

Looking forward to this display though. So many things to show that we’re back to being a football club with a passion for existence!

COME ON SOUTHEND!!

I'm still none the wiser ................ an outbreak of plain English would be good.

Everyone in the Weststand will hold a coloured card above our head before the game and when viewed from the East Stand it spells out ‘1906’ in a show of “we’re still here!!” defiance. I guess the appropriate cards will be left on the seats before the game 👍

Back