• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bid for Rory Fallon

Winkle

Manager
Swansea have made a £300,000 bid for Rory Fallon, reports tomorrows papers... they can have him for £3000,000 as well, he is not worth it

I got a text last night* saying Fallon was signing for us on Wednesday.. i think he'd be worth a punt at about £100,000.. but not 300 surely
rock.gif

* = It was the usual "i know a man who lives next door to Adam Barretts hair-dresser etc etc..."
Make of it what you will

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BLUEBLOOD @ Jan. 17 2006,09:14)]I got a text last night* saying Fallon was signing for us on Wednesday.. i think he'd be worth a punt at about £100,000.. but not 300 surely
rock.gif

* = It was the usual "i know a man who lives next door to Adam Barretts hair-dresser etc etc..."
Make of it what you will
Barrett's hair dresser?

laugh.gif

Obviously a load of bull.

tounge.gif

300,000 is a bit too steep IMO, but if Swansea want to throw all their money at buying strikers then there's nothing we can do about it...!

A big NO! I don't think Fallon would not cut out for Championship, I do feel Hayter or C. Davies (Oxford & Wales U21) is good enough for Championship (if he good enough for Verona then he good enough for us).

300'000 is an waste of money for a forward who not long time ago, cannot get into Swindon first team.

Exactly. He is currently in his one good season. If we got him for about 50K, I'd say it was worth a gamble, and he's slightly different to what we've already got. But certianly not £300K!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 17 2006,10:05)]A big NO! I don't think Fallon would not cut out for Championship, I do feel Hayter or C. Davies (Oxford & Wales U21) is good enough for Championship (if he good enough for Verona then he good enough for us).

300'000 is an waste of money for a forward who not long time ago, cannot get into Swindon first team.
Hayter's easily good enough for the Championship, Davies isn't IMHO yet despite Verona's approach.

As for Fallon how can Swansea justify splashing £300k on him when Leon Knight only cost them £125k? It doesn't bother me anyway, I'm just delighted he's not signing for us as I don't rate him at all - he's far too one-dimensional and has only had a decent few months of goalscoring. Ask Yeovil fans what they thought of him on loan last season, they'll tell you just how bad he was.......

The best news though is that Trundle's Everton deal is finally set to go through for £1.25m
smile.gif

Trundle's is class above anyone at League One, even Swansea have sign Fallon & Knight but put both together, they not in same class as Trundle. Swansea already starting to feel the reality what its like to not have him in the team. Knight might score a hat-trick on his debut, but its was agasint a poor MK Don side who look like staying bottom for rest of the season (I hope I say about the same about us in our postion at end of season
biggrin.gif
). Knight have shown he cannot play at Championship level, which Trundle can play there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Jan. 17 2006,12:34)]The best news though is that Trundle's Everton deal is finally set to go through for £1.25m  
smile.gif
Is it? We're still at rumour stage, rather than "deal done" stage, so far as I can make out:

Telegraph - Rumour Mill

Indeed, Trundle's agent suggests that he's staying put:

Wales on Sunday - Lee is a Swan...

There's a fair bit that still needs to happen before Trundle becomes a Toffee...

Matt

Come On' Everton! Everton! Everton! Clap! Clap!

Please Fcuking sign Trundle ..... he want to go there & he know it himself
wink.gif

Apparently Swansea had made a 300K bid for Fallon and..............it was turned down!!

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 17 2006,13:25)]Knight have shown he cannot play at Championship level
Whether Knight can play in the Championship is totally irrelevant.  What's important for us is "is he good enough at L1 level to help get Swansea into 1st or 2nd place, or at worst 6th?".  If the answer is yes then that makes life harder for us.  
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Jan. 17 2006,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 17 2006,13:25)]Knight have shown he cannot play at Championship level
Whether Knight can play in the Championship is totally irrelevant.  What's important for us is "is he good enough at L1 level to help get Swansea into 1st or 2nd place, or at worst 6th?".  If the answer is yes then that makes life harder for us.  
ghostface.gif
exactly. If they sign players which means they get up then it might be at our expense so priority is to get up.

Theo Walcott for 15k, don't make me laugh...he might be a good prospect and class for his age but that really takes the p%&s. worth more than vieira! i think not.

I can tell you now it won't be Fallon... £300k for what most Swindon fans consider a Donkey is a hefty bid to turn down considering he can move for free in the summer, and I for one would question the clubs decision if they pay over the odds for Fallon and miss Hayter...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back