• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benefit Match for Micky Stead

Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset

Director⭐⭐🦐
Posted on Chit Chat with kind permission of the MODS.
SUEPA is delighted to announce that we will be holding a benefit match for our former player MICKY STEAD. This is going to be a top afternoon in support of a true Shrimper great. With many of Micky’s old SUFC and Spurs teammates also going to be there in support, we hope to make this our biggest ever gathering of former players. More details to follow in the build-up, but to read the story, buy your match tickets, and/or make a donation, visit
https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/suepa/a-match-for-micky/ now.
Please do take a moment to read the story - it should fill you in on all the detail (including a pretty horrible pic of Micky's leg - albeit I've spared you seeing the one with an open wound and blood everywhere that his wife sent me). There will be plenty of news re the match re who is playing, the Spurs gang coming along, etc in the build up.
ALSO, a quick appeal please. Are you able to help, or know anyone that could help, re providing a qualified paramedic service on the day? We sincerely hope the service is not needed, but with a few aging footballers on the pitch (including 72 year old Barry Silkman!) we want to be sure we have all bases covered and this is one point on a current 46 point match action checklist that we are struggling with at the moment (our contact for the Walker match last year cannot help this time). Please get in touch with @OldBlueLady if you are able to be of assistance re this matter,
We care about our Shrimpers, thank you for your support in all that we do.
Poster.jpg

Kev, maybe you could let us know what we're actually looking for, requirement wise too, please?
Hi, ideally you would need a full paramedic kit including cardiac drugs and defibrillator, oxygen Entonox and masks.
The club has now got a full kit, perhaps you could try and tap someone up there, but the drugs would have to be transferred securely in a locked box if they allow use.
I will do as much as I can to help find you someone.

Hi, ideally you would need a full paramedic kit including cardiac drugs and defibrillator, oxygen Entonox and masks.
The club has now got a full kit, perhaps you could try and tap someone up there, but the drugs would have to be transferred securely in a locked box if they allow use.
I will do as much as I can to help find you someone.
Cheers Kev, much appreciated.

As many of you know, I am, again, helping with the arrangements for this match and we are looking for sponsors for various things.

Apart from the obvious bigger sponsorships, like the match, teams and individual players (details of which will be announced in due course), I am looking for someone to sponsor the balls for the match.

We think this is going to be in the region of £200, and your company logo will appear on all the balls, plus we would ensure you got one of the balls, all signed, after the match.

Please let me or @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset know if you can help with this, or any of the other sponsorships, or feel free to share with anyone you think might be able to help. Thank you.

Poster.jpg

Hi all, match prep all going well but I need some HELP PLEASE

Whilst tickets are available online, we find that selling tickets in person is good too, so the club have kindly given me permission to sell at the ground on Sat 28 Sept when we play Gateshead.

The aim will be to meet at the Shrimpers Bar at 12.45 pm and I'll provide Trust buckets and tickets. Donations too in the buckets will be welcome but the main purpose is to get as many at the match as possible to make it a great event. We will sell outside the ground pre-match (I have inside hospitality area covered) plus The Railway/Boar and outside the ground for 10 mins or so as folk leave post match.

Can anyone please help?

You can reply on here, private message me on SZ or email to suepassoc@gmail.com

Sorry, standard rate of Trust/SUEPA pay which is zero, though you'll hopefully enjoy doing it.

Cheers, Andy

The signings for our Match for Micky just keep on coming, and in case you are not keeping track on SUEPA socials see the latest squad pic below. We now have our own SUEPA Three Amigos managing the club's Three Amigos!
With all of the ex players in the crowd who are not playing (mostly those who were Mick's teammates back in the 70's/80's, and the eight ex Spurs players we are expecting who will also be watching, it really is going to be a top day, we just need you to be there!
Tickets etc, the link you need please is: https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/suepa/a-match-for-micky/
That link includes a donate option if you'd like to contribute but cannot be there.

Squad 1.jpg

Back