• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bear faced revenge!

If this bear had been giving it large down my local he would have lived to fight another day after a severe (but not fatal ) kicking in the car park.

Knives and hammers is uncalled for and you have to ask yourself who the real animals are?

Last edited:
If this bear had been giving it large down my local he would have lived to fight another day after a severe (but not fatal ) kicking in the car park.

Knives and hammers is uncalled for and you have to ask yourself who the real animals are?

totally agree ... infact on the bears local forum theyve been screaming blue murder and want to know why this people were armed , such examples from the bears nearest and dearest include

" GGGRRRRRRRRWWWWOLL AAAggghhh GGGRROOOWWWLLL"

"Mmmuummgghh "

And i felt espcially telling

"AmmmYuuughhhh , GGrrrooowwlll aaagghhdj'l#'p23[peo2i02ti4topjwggml; (i think he really gets wound up at this point) kwewekopwekokookoekoeko HJIOAWJI!""£$"£11123123 "

Heart rendering

Isn't your local the cliff, Cyril?
And by a 'severe kicking' don't you mean 'hissed at and attacked with babycham glasses'?

Everyone knows the best weapon against a maurauding bear is a greased up, semi naked, gyrating tw@ with an enormous barnet carrying the fat end of a pool cue. But I don't come cheap..

The adult male bear appears to "not have been in good health", he added

I'm not surprised after being attacked with knives and a hammer !!!

"Several other fishermen raced to help the man using hooked poles, knives and a hammer to pull the bear off him."

"When wildlife conservation officers arrived they found the creature had died from knife and hammer injuries."

I assume this means the guys with the hooked poles were either as accurate as Matt Harrold or they decided the bear looked a bit too scary and left them to it?

"Several other fishermen raced to help the man using hooked poles, knives and a hammer to pull the bear off him."

"When wildlife conservation officers arrived they found the creature had died from knife and hammer injuries."

I assume this means the guys with the hooked poles were either as accurate as Matt Harrold or they decided the bear looked a bit too scary and left them to it?

I think some serious questions need to be asked about their use of hammers.

IMVHO it is completely wrong to try and use a hammer to pull a bear off someone.

You can use the back bit of a hammer to pull out nails, but it isn't designed to prise out bears. They'd have been far better off using the hammer to hit the bear instead.

Obviously the first time I saw a black bear it scared the **** out of me but they really are surprisingly docile, unlike their grizzly cousins.

Presumably the mauled chap survived.

Back