• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Bailey out - £750k in - Thank you

RetroBlue

Schoolboy
Bailey 750k Plus Clauses?

Got a txt half an hour ago from a friend at the club.

The deal's all done, £750k plus clauses, which is apparently specifically related to Charlton getting in the PLAY OFFS, as well as outright Promotion.

i take it you mean £750K inc

so i would say its £400k upfront
£50k/100k playoffs (maybe 50k for apps )
£250k promotion
prob a sell on clause too

Dunno if its true but found it on a charlton forum, and it sounds like a good deal if you ask me, certinaly enough for a decent replacement anyway!! :)

Yeah sorry the entire deal is worth 750k. I reckon the actual upfront payment will be nearer 500k though with only a modest amounts difference between play offs and automatic promotion.

Incidentally just to add, apparently Southend have had the option of a player swap but have yet to make their minds up whether they want it or not (ie; a season long loan plus the cash).

The name touted.... drum roll....

Sinclair.

ooooooooo, sounds promising!:clap:

i think the club have done well to sort this deal out. hopefully we can get in a couple of players now before the end of the window

I'd take 400/500k rising to 750k if/when Charlton get into the playoffs/go up, as long as theirs a 20% sell on clause aswell, that would be a good deal.

Not heard much about Dean Sinclair, any good? Played with Nicky at Barnet supposedly.

Sinclair would be a good replacement. Not as defensive as Bailey but had a similar goalscoring record at Barnet and clearly has no future at Charlton.

Does anyone know if Barnet have a sell on clause because if they were to have a 20% clause then that could be up to £100K going to them ???

I think, considering that Bailey wants to go, it is a good deal and if Charlton were to get promoted, it could make us a good few bob

Pardew actually came out and said the other day they aren't going to get automatic promotion.

Which isn't something you should say - especially at a club like that - before the start of the season.

Pardew actually came out and said the other day they aren't going to get automatic promotion.

Which isn't something you should say - especially at a club like that - before the start of the season.

He also said that he didn't have any money to buy players so I suspect that he's decided to try to use the media to his advantage this term.

Back