• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away fans in Col******r

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐🦐
Can anyone advise what pubs are "away fan friendly" for pre-match drinks at Col******r?

Cheers

Anywhere but the Drury I think. There is about 4 pubs along Butt Road, which leads from the roundabout by the Drury and then into town.

I'm no expert, and if one of our resident Col U fans are lurking, they may correct me, but the best bet would be a pub in town. Edwards, Yates, O'Neils are within 100 yards of each other, and there is also the Wig and Pen in the High Street.

Edit. There's 2, not four, and they are quite small.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Jan. 04 2007,15:58)]None of them because we have smashed everyone of them to f%ck over the years and the farmer w&nkers inside em.
Haha

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 04 2007,15:54)]Can anyone advise what pubs are "away fan friendly" for pre-match drinks at Col******r?

Cheers
Who are you coming down to support FBM obviously not Southend because we have already played you!
I only ask because the Drury is open to some teams fans and not others depending if the police think there will be trouble or not. They do have a back bar and beer garden they open to away fans with the home fans normally in the front bar.
They surprisingley (in my opinion) opened up their doors to the wolves fans the other day. The Drury was packed in both bars, plus there were a lot in the beer garden. Several Col******r fans ended up in the away areas having a chat with the Wolves guys and a few Wolves fans came into the front bar. A good time was had by all with the old bill reporting no trouble what so ever. If you would like advice on other pubs, just leave a message on here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Jan. 04 2007,15:58)]None of them because we have smashed everyone of them to f%ck over the years and the farmer w&nkers inside em.
Thanks for your assistance in the regeneration of the older pubs in Col******r Sao Paulo Shrimper, it would have cost a fortune to demolish them from a builder
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Jan. 04 2007,18:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 04 2007,15:54)]Can anyone advise what pubs are "away fan friendly" for pre-match drinks at Col******r?

Cheers
Who are you coming down to support FBM obviously not Southend because we have already played you!
I only ask because the Drury is open to some teams fans and not others depending if the police think there will be trouble or not. They do have a back bar and beer garden they open to away fans with the home fans normally in the front bar.
They surprisingley (in my opinion) opened up their doors to the wolves fans the other day. The Drury was packed in both bars, plus there were a lot in the beer garden. Several Col******r fans ended up in the away areas having a chat with the Wolves guys and a few Wolves fans came into the front bar. A good time was had by all with the old bill reporting no trouble what so ever. If you would like advice on other pubs, just leave a message on here.
Thanks C & P!

It's not for me but for a friend of a mate who is a Leicester seaso.

I wouldn't worry bout away pubs, Col ewe don't have any fans to bother you, you can drink where you like, just generally treat it as a home match - we do !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 04 2007,19:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ Jan. 04 2007,18:05)]
[b said:

Cheers
Thanks C & P!

It's not for me but for a friend of a mate who is a Leicester seaso.
No probs fbm tell your mates friend to give The Drury a ring nearer the time but I think Leicester should be ok 01206 575757.

Obviously that is the nearest pub to the ground but if not try The Dragoon down Butt road, or The Fat Cat which is just opposite, The Playhouse just on the edge of town (cheap because it is a Wetherspoons!)

They can take their pick out of this little lot as well, you will not find The Fat Cat on there yet as it is a fairly new pub (and a bloody good one)

You will have to put the location town in to find them.

Col******r pubs

[b said:
Got there just before me SPS, drink anywhere you want really..
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Jan. 04 2007,20:26)]The Fat Cat which is just opposite...
you will not find The Fat Cat on there yet as it is a fairly new pub (and a bloody good one)
It was quite empty when I was in there for the Southend away game. It is quite nice inside, by Col Ewe standards, but rather small for my liking.

They don't seem to have much choice of beer either.

I'm sure it will grow on you when you make more visits to see your second ( or is that first ? ) team
rock.gif

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 05 2007,08:50)]I'm sure it will grow on you when you make more visits to see your second ( or is that first ? ) team ??
I went through hell that day I will have you know
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Jan. 05 2007,08:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 05 2007,08:50)]I'm sure it will grow on you when you make more visits to see your second ( or is that first ? ) team ??
mad.gif
You mean this lads a part time Col U fan Leeboy?!

Burn him !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Jan. 05 2007,09:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Jan. 05 2007,08:55)]
[b said:
mad.gif
You mean this lads a part time Col U fan Leeboy?!

Burn him !!!
If I had been wasted, I would have started a mass riot in the stands because of the goings-on on the pitch.
laugh.gif

The Bricklayers Arms near North Station is a very good pub with an excellent choice of ale. I think they have a colours ban though and it is a bit of a hike to the ground (2 buses or a Taxi) but worth it for the discerning fan. The pubs mentioned above on Butt Road are also very good. The chilli at the Dragoon is legendary and the Fat Cat does a good range of beer. The Odd One Out on the Mersea Road is excellent for real ale, best and cheapest in town, but is a bit rustic for some peoples tastes. Town centre pubs, Yates, Wig & Pen, O'Neills have the big screens, more space but crap beer. These are just a few of the pubs that Sao Paulo and his mates havent 'trashed' yet.

Anywhere for us to drink good beer in safety in April?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Razzle @ Jan. 09 2007,16:26)]Yawn...any proper suggestions?
As the game kicks off at mid-day on good friday, you've got no chance beforehand. Should you wish to spend the afternoon in town there is a good choice depending on whether your into real ale, alcopops, theme pubs, (or just sheep)!.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back