• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Away day suggestion....

IloveShrimp

Director⭐🦐
Well here is silly thought.

Instead of our fans going to away games and putting cash into the opposition’s coffers, why don’t we boycot away games and set up a system where the monies that we would have otherwise spent go into a fund to assist in buying players for our own club. Let’s say we take around 300 away and they spend circa £50 each to go. £300 x £50 could be £15,000 per game towards new players.

Benefits to our supporters could include to have some sort of input (vote from shortlist) to who we buy, and meet the player/s afterwards.

Well here is a silly thought.

Instead of our fans going to away games and putting cash into the opposition’s coffers, why don’t we boycot away games and set up a system where the monies that we would have otherwise spent go into a fund to assist in buying players for our own club. Let’s say we take around 300 away and they spend circa £50 each to go. £300 x £50 could be £15,000 per game towards new players.

Benefits to our supporters could include to have some sort of input (vote from shortlist) to who we buy, and meet the player/s afterwards.

Not so silly at all ......... and it follows from a conversation I had with my neighbour just this morning.

"Does any of the money you spend watching away games end up with your club?" he asked.

Of course one is there to support the team and (hopefully) make a small difference to the result but if it were a viable proposal then I think I would "be in". Mind you I only get to half a dozen away games these days.

So you want fans to boycott other clubs and ruin their finances to benefit blues?

1) Never going to happen
2) would be a snub to other clubs who backed our plight
3) Away days are more fun

How about a "buy the club a pint" type scheme , where people can include the club in a pre match "round" by donating a fiver , would work simply at the Ground and maybe with the assistance of the Boar and the Spread . an online Donate facility (like the SZ donate button ) could cover other watering holes / away games / those who don't go to pubs .

Would need to take at least 600 "pints" every home game to cover the wages for one average player (1500 pw) though (not including Company NI , Pensions etc)

Back