• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average Attendances in the National League this season

Oldham should serve as a huge warning to us.

Last season they averaged just shy of 7,000. They've lost nearly 1,500 fans on the back of one dodgy season, after a fever pitched takeover...

So important COSU grab this opportunity and make the most of it. That 7,800 average of ours will tumble quicker than a GK time wasting at Roots Hall, if things do not improve on and off the pitch, over the next 12 months or so.

Last season they averaged just shy of 7,000. They've lost nearly 1,500 fans on the back of one dodgy season, after a fever pitched takeover...

So important COSU grab this opportunity and make the most of it. That 7,800 average of ours will tumble quicker than a GK time wasting at Roots Hall, if things do not improve on and off the pitch, over the next 12 months or so.

I think you're spot on Smiffy! Now we are entering back into the realms of normality football wise.

The year we got relegated and the embargos and uncertainty yielded a them against us on an off the pitch. The last season with the dragged out sale process and the hope of jam tomorrow kept our gates up and with Ron gone, grew them to the level we are now at.

However, if we stay at this level league wise and don't hit the play offs, then that is when crowds could wane a little, which is why, for me it is imperative we achieve a play off spot this season, having been so close first year down and would have made them, but for the points deduction last season.

Having said that, I don't doubt COSU's desire to achieve them as a minimum either.

Not to worry just the 6 easy games coming up this month.

458187316_1050752230390768_5997042569861155278_n.jpg

Never gonna drop below 3rd due to season tickets. Cannot see others increasing much either.

1500 fans a match pays for a couple of McCallums. One top class striker would be good to start with.

Means nothing without some decent results and a squad of fit players though.
Well it does. It means we have great support that should be recognised as this thread is doing.
I appreciate that them numbers may go down if we don’t play well or lose games in which case you’re right. But it’s still good to see such a positive number in support.

Well it does. It means we have great support that should be recognised as this thread is doing.
I appreciate that them numbers may go down if we don’t play well or lose games in which case you’re right. But it’s still good to see such a positive number in support.
No, it means nothing. In our heady days in the second tier, the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle would dismiss us due to our 'mickey mouse' support and stadium, while we were beating them on the pitch. Their support didn't matter then, and ours doesn't matter now.

Means nothing without some decent results and a squad of fit players though.
We have a good laugh at Col Ewe for their poor following.

We wonder why the likes of Cardwell left us to play in front of a much smaller crowd (we know why he did).

We know that football and football clubs are all about their fans.

Of course our fan base matters. We're the lifeblood of the club. Our numbers are an indication of the potential we have.

Yes, a good, competitive squad, results and playing in higher leagues matter, but so does our following.

Players come and go, as do managers and staff. We come and go from different leagues (hopefully only up from 'ere eh) but the fans... whether they're actively attending every game or not, stay.

I would say it matters very much. As much as points? No of course not, but even if we don't reach the playoffs we should be proud of our support. I'd love to get a promotion, of course! However, it doesn't matter where we end up this season, I will support the team just the same.

Back