• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

April Smith Made Redundant

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I have learned over the last day or so that Apes has been made redundant by The community trust boss as a business decision. I have spoken to her and am now able to make it public.

This is just discusting. April has worked for them for over 10 years and not just for them but for the club,players and just about everything else concerned with SUFC including the SUFC ladies team.

She is obviously heart broken , SUFC is her life, she bleeds Blue blood and i just cannot understand the thinking with this ridiculous decision.

Hopefully The new owners can bring her onboard with the club but of course until they own it they are in limbo to but talks are happening.

We need to get together people to make sure Apes is not left alone and we get her back where she belongs at our club!

This has made me very sad and angry at the same time.

Last edited:
I have learned over the last day or so that Apes has been made redundant by The community trust boss as a business decision. I have spoken to her and am now able to make it public.

This is just discusting. April has worked for them for over 10 years and not just for them but for the club,players and just about everything else concerned with SUFC.

She is obviously heart broken , SUFC is her life, she bleeds Blue blood and i just cannot understand the thinking with this ridiculous decision.

Hopefully The new owners can bring her onboard with the club but of course until they own it they are in limbo to but talks are happening.

We need to get together people to make sure Apes is not left alone and we get her back where she belongs at our club!

This has made me very sad and angry at the same time.
Who is the Community Trust boss?

Outrageous. April does so much. Hope she has a position at the club sooner rather than later.

I’m actually speechless

I know Apes personally and she’s turned down multiple opportunities to move up the ladder to stay at Southend because it’s her club and I know how much she really wanted to be part of the turnaround. When it was really bleak she would say I can’t walk away because I basically have FOMO for when the good times roll again

This is absolutely ****ing disgusting and the one calling the shots should be absolutely ashamed of themselves

I’m actually speechless

I know Apes personally and she’s turned down multiple opportunities to move up the ladder to stay at Southend because it’s her club and I know how much she really wanted to be part of the turnaround. When it was really bleak she would say I can’t walk away because I basically have FOMO for when the good times roll again

This is absolutely ****ing disgusting and the one calling the shots should be absolutely ashamed of themselves
You are of course 100% correct Scott, she was one of those that stood by the club and did so much when times were desperate. To now be kicked in the face after 10 years as that is how i see it is more than disgusting.

We cannot let this stand.

This seems a disgraceful decision , April has worked her tail off for our club for over a decade and has blazed a trail for women working in the men’s game. Indeed she was being lorded for that in the media just a couple of months ago. I just don’t understand the decision and the timing is just bizarre. Good luck Apes you’ll smash whatever you do next be it here or elsewhere.

wow - I was only talking to her Monday night at the Trust POTY

absolutely shocking decision- I’ve known her, her mum dad and brother for years and this is just ridiculous

let’s hope Justin et al get her sorted and back onboard once the takeover is complete

fingers crossed this is just an unplanned holiday and she’ll be back soon

I feel very sorry for April she clearly works really hard and has a passion for Southend United.It seems a silly decision from the club.Football can be a ruthless business and maybe the owners have other ideas or people in mind for the job

wow - I was only talking to her Monday night at the Trust POTY

absolutely shocking decision- I’ve known her, her mum dad and brother for years and this is just ridiculous

let’s hope Justin et al get her sorted and back onboard once the takeover is complete

fingers crossed this is just an unplanned holiday and she’ll be back soon
I told Apes the same , this will lead to better things for her with the club,where she isnt **** upon,

I feel very sorry for April she clearly works really hard and has a passion for Southend United.It seems a silly decision from the club.Football can be a ruthless business and maybe the owners have other ideas or people in mind for the job
It is 100% nothing to do with the new owners , this was a commnunity trust decision.

I can only imagine that whatever remaining EFL funding/grant has been exhausted and SUSCET no longer has the money to pay any staff as otherwise this makes no sense. I fear like the Academy this is another area that is being run into the ground and all the hard work and success is in danger of being lost.

It would seem to go exactly against what the consortium were selling us - Justin attending the SUFC Women games, Gary Lockett singing its praises, David Kreyling talking about community and grass roots etc.

Back