• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apprentice Week 4

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐🦐
Well, I did think Helene's team would win, but if they hadn't then there are absolutely no prizes for guessing who would've gone!

Really didn't expect Simon to go, thought Claire was odds on the way the board room went. Strange she's going to be PM again next week when there are some that haven't done it yet - so want to see Kevin mess up! She was undermining Simon from the off and she and Alex definitely ganged up although it was interesting the way Alex switched allegiance when he thought he'd worked out how SAS was going to go.

Warming to Lee, and Jenny was nowhere near as annoying. Felt sorry for Simon, but as was pointed out, he's more of a grafter.

Apologies if anyone else has started a thread for this, perhaps mods will merge if so.:)

Damn I missed it, but I am even more angry that Simon has gone, really like him, had respect for him, probably because of his hard grafting, which as indicated was ultimately his downfall!

I think Simon shot himself in the end, by going on about making people smile in the shopping centre rather than driving the nail into claires coffin. Up until then the dozy bitch Claire was all but fired, especially as you say after Alex had chipped in.

especially as you say after Alex had chipped in.
yep, it took him about a nanosecond to change his allegance once he sussed SAS was having a go at the northern bird.

How the hell did that fat northern minger Claire manage to survive?
She was shocking the whole way through, totally undermined Simon and took every opportunity to point out what was going wrong. Even worse in the boardroom where she verged on flakey, she was fighting back the tears at one point.

Last night was probably the best episode since midway through S2. Unfortunately the wrong result overall though.

Oh & what purpose does Lucinda actually serve? She's not technical (as proved) and also apparently can't sell. How the hell did she get so far through the selection process?

Leading a team is not about you working hard it's about making sure your team work hard and produce what is required. Trust me I do this everyday!

Have to agree with that. Surround yourself with the right people and empower them to make the things you want to happen actually happen.

Felt really sorry for Simon last night, and was hoping the fat, gobby bird (FGB) was on her way, but as he said himself in the after-show, he's destined to spend his life as a number 2 as he's clearly not a leader. It might be a mental block for him, but it's definitely where he is.

Simon was out of his depth last night, but I applauded his genius at the start of the programme when he quickly pulled the deputy leadership position from Alex and passed it on to FGB. It might have done for him in the end as FGB was desperate for him to fail, but it was beautifully played to show Alex up for the game-player that he is.

As for Lucinda, what a useless waste of space.

Last edited:
As for Lucinda, what a useless waste of space.

One way or another someone is trying to trick us with her. She could be a patsy not worthy of her place at the table or the smartest one there and the unlucky victim of the BBC editors. Probably somewhere inbetween.

Don't forget that we see one hour out of a whole week. It's foolish to think that any judgement drawn from this could be 100% reliable.

Don't forget that we see one hour out of a whole week. It's foolish to think that any judgement drawn from this could be 100% reliable.

I agree with that definitely, and she's obviously there for a reason. You could be spot on, and I'll be happy for her to prove me wrong, but for the moment, I'm sticking with my waste of space stance.

I think she's PM next week, so that will be a chance to see her qualities (if she actually has any)

i've seen two pretty large qualities

still happy with my tip of Alex, he spotted the right time to switch allegiances yesterday and i thought coped with the 'class divide' in wk1 pretty well too

Pubey said:
i've seen two pretty large qualities

still happy with my tip of Alex, he spotted the right time to switch allegiances yesterday and i thought coped with the 'class divide' in wk1 pretty well too
You can back him again if you want.

Raif hardly featured again this week! He seems to be taking a back seat after being a successful team leader a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully he'll be more involved in the next couple of episodes as he's one of the more entertaining candidates

Raif hardly featured again this week! He seems to be taking a back seat after being a successful team leader a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully he'll be more involved in the next couple of episodes as he's one of the more entertaining candidates

This is what happened with Tre last year also though, a really fiery episode early on then a bit of a fade out for a few weeks to let some of the poorer candidates show themselves up. Someone was saying at work today that the whole process of the showdown in the boardroom where the 3 face SAS takes a couple of hours and is then edited to just a few minutes. Can you imagine 2 hours of what went on last night? I think SAS has marked both FGB and Alex's cards and both will be gone soon.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back