• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And then there was one....

Beefy

Life President
With the departure of Gary Hooper, only Peter Clarke remains from the starting XI who beat Manchester United just 21 months ago (although Simon Francis came on as sub that night). That's an incredible turnover of players, particularly considering Tilly's lack of contacts in the game.

I did a very similar thread a week or so ago that once Flavs leaves, Barrett will be our only player left from the league 1 championship winning team.

I'd been thinking this aswell, amazing turnaround in a short space. Still need to replace some of the players. Have to give Tilly some credit as he dosent have the best resources.

I did a very similar thread a week or so ago that once Flavs leaves, Barrett will be our only player left from the league 1 championship winning team.

Plus Frank Moussa and Charles Ademeno made a couple of sub appearances in that season, however were not and still not 1st team regulars

With the departure of Gary Hooper, only Peter Clarke remains from the starting XI who beat Manchester United just 21 months ago (although Simon Francis came on as sub that night). That's an incredible turnover of players, particularly considering Tilly's lack of contacts in the game.

Teams change, you have a clear out, get new players in...Dunno what all the drama is all about. Chances are, we could have a great season and everyone will be saying Gower who, Flavs who etc etc...

This just seems like another one of those never ending negative threads

Teams change, you have a clear out, get new players in...Dunno what all the drama is all about. Chances are, we could have a great season and everyone will be saying Gower who, Flavs who etc etc...

This just seems like another one of those never ending negative threads

I dont think Beefy is being negative just stating a fact!

when a squad fails to either stay in there current league from being promoted from the previous one or faling to gain promotion from the league they just got relegated from you then know u need a wholesale

when a squad fails to either stay in there current league from being promoted from the previous one or faling to gain promotion from the league they just got relegated from you then know u need a wholesale

Well done, totally agree.

The squad we have clearly isn't good enough so let us have a clear out and get some fresh blood in...

I am not negative about any of this, I am glad we are having a clear out..new players fresh and hungry for success.

The way people were carrying on about Flavs, Gower etc etc, you would think they were world class players that were moving on!

Well done, totally agree.

The squad we have clearly isn't good enough so let us have a clear out and get some fresh blood in...

I am not negative about any of this, I am glad we are having a clear out..new players fresh and hungry for success.

The way people were carrying on about Flavs, Gower etc etc, you would think they were world class players that were moving on!

World class they might not have been, but the best we have had over the last few years then ofcourse we are sad to see them leaving, how often do you get footballers serving lower league clubs for aslong as they have

World class they might not have been, but the best we have had over the last few years then ofcourse we are sad to see them leaving, how often do you get footballers serving lower league clubs for aslong as they have

Don't recall anyone coming in for Gower or Flavs before tho..so they only served for us as nobody else wanted them.. Gower went as someone wanted him and Flavs went cos we didn't anymore..

As Colin says, it's the past, what has happened has happened, lets start talking about the squad we have now...no more mention of former players then!!

Don't recall anyone coming in for Gower or Flavs before tho..so they only served for us as nobody else wanted them.. Gower went as someone wanted him and Flavs went cos we didn't anymore..

As Colin says, it's the past, what has happened has happened, lets start talking about the squad we have now...no more mention of former players then!!
indeed i am a coach in the making

Back