• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alun Armstrong

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
Former Ipswich striker is without a club at the moment, trialling with Oxford after being released by Darlo.

He's still only 30 and is quoted recently on the Ipswich site saying:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"We still live in the [Ipswich] area. My family love it down here and we don't want to move away from Suffolk but I need to find a new club so we might have to do that.”

Living locally, a free agent, must be worth a look in our current (lack of) striker situation.

Yeah, I saw that this morning. He scored a hat-trick against us last season - would have thought he'd be worth a look. But, purely as a guess, good chance he's after some hefty wages? And probably a long-term deal too.

Quite prolific in his day, def worth a look.

sounds like a good guy to have to me!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Viking @ Sep. 02 2005,12:01)]Yeah, I saw that this morning. He scored a hat-trick against us last season - would have thought he'd be worth a look. But, purely as a guess, good chance he's after some hefty wages? And probably a long-term deal too.
Maybe not as he is unemployed.

My Ipswich supporting colleague tells me that he has had a bad back problem. Could be why no one has come in for him.

No harm in looking. Lives quite locally and has a decent track record. Surprised Darlo got rid of him, must be because of the wages. Could be a possibility on a short term deal until January.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 02 2005,12:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Viking @ Sep. 02 2005,12:01)]Yeah, I saw that this morning. He scored a hat-trick against us last season - would have thought he'd be worth a look. But, purely as a guess, good chance he's after some hefty wages? And probably a long-term deal too.
Maybe not as he is unemployed.

My Ipswich supporting colleague tells me that he has had a bad back problem. Could be why no one has come in for him.
I agree, I'm sure there's nothing like being unemployed to concentrate the mind when negotiating a new deal. He left Darlo because he wanted 2 years. However I would have thought a short term deal to get playing again would be attractive, expecially if he could commute from his current home.

Give him until January or even the end of the season. He has undoubted ability to play at this or even a higher level (remember Middlesborough paid £1.6million for him a few years back) so he's got to be worth a look.

Hmmm. He could probably do a job for us... I'm sure Tilly is aware of his situation though and if he wants to sign him will act on it accordingly...

A very good player who certainly could do a job for us. Guess it depends on his injury situation.

Would be a very useful signing IMHO.

I thought of him the other week and wondered why we hadn't even been linked with him.
rock.gif

Just 'cause he's gone to Col U doesn't mean he'll sign for them! He may opt to go there (if they want him) because it's not too far from the Ipswich area where he lives.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 06 2005,12:46)]Just 'cause he's gone to Col U doesn't mean he'll sign for them! He may opt to go there (if they want him) because it's not too far from the Ipswich area where he lives.
Also doubt Col Ewe could match this players wage demands, bearing in mind he was playing Premier$hite football two years ago, and Darlo were seemingly throwing money around in a hopeless bid to be promoted last season, and their totally inadequate average attendance is hardly conducive to splashing the cash.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back