• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adam Barrett

Not sure any of you will know this chap, Bristol Rovers captain, centre half and originally from the Southend area (schooled at Belfairs I believe) is apparently awaiting discussions with Ian Atkins at Bristol Rovers and might be available for free (according to the gospel that is Teamtalk today).

Not the best defender in the world (who in Div 3 is?) but he has had the bare faced cheek to score against us in the last 2 seasons in home games against Rovers!

Not as exciting as a potential return of Spencer Prior I agree, but wondered if anyone else had thought of this here chappie?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ May 11 2004,19:22)]Not sure any of you will know this chap, Bristol Rovers captain, centre half and originally from the Southend area (schooled at Belfairs I believe) is apparently awaiting discussions with Ian Atkins at Bristol Rovers and might be available for free (according to the gospel that is Teamtalk today).

Not the best defender in the world (who in Div 3 is?) but he has had the bare faced cheek to score against us in the last 2 seasons in home games against Rovers!

Not as exciting as a potential return of Spencer Prior I agree, but wondered if anyone else had thought of this here chappie?
A good solid centre half and a leader on the pitch as well.

I'd have him (not in the biblical sense you understand)

i infact went to junior school with the said invidual, and played in the same formiddable school side as him...he was a rock at the centre of our defence.. ( earls hall ) for many years and stood out as a fine player even at the ripe old age of 10!!. A very good defender, who if available, must be looked at.

smile.gif

Like Spencer Prior, a player with Southend Utd running through his bloods will do for me
biggrin.gif

I went to school with Adam and used to tackle him shin high studs up because he was far to good to get the ball off fairly.I still have a scar on on my shin where I went through the back of him knocking him flying and I continued to skid through a broken coke can...happy days.

I dont remember him ever having an interest in Southend United as he was a West Ham fan (born in Dagenham).

Bit of an arrogant git but since he only ever wanted to be a footballer this was compulsory. To get into a professional teams books as a schoolboy you need to show the arrogance of a seasoned pro at an early age ;).

His mate Ian told me down the elms that after he was released from Orient he went to coach kids in America where he met a guy linked to plymouth who set him up for a trial. Hes since been captain (YES CAPTAIN) of Plymouth, Bristol and another team whos name escapes me.

Id love to see him at the club as he is a quality defender. Wouldnt spill his pint...double hard *******. Why he keeps getting released is a real mystery to me.

west ham fan? He can whistle...

In addition, I'm not sure he is rated particularly highly by Rovers fans, I remember one saying on their message board that he was the worst defender he had ever seen!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 12 2004,16:49)]Hes since been captain (YES CAPTAIN) of Plymouth, Bristol and another team whos name escapes me.

Id love to see him at the club as he is a quality defender. Wouldnt spill his pint...double hard *******. Why he keeps getting released is a real mystery to me.
Mansfield as well iirc! Not that I've followed his career, just that he has scored against us for every bloody team he's been at!

As far as I know he hasn't been released as yet, it was just a story on teamtalk saying that Atkins had released x number of players that are out of contract, and has yet to make his mind up on a few others, Mr Barrett being one of them.

I'd go for Stuart nethercott, currently on loan at wycombe has already said he'd drop down for a permanent place, Tony Adams wants him but we've got some old millwall boys and a pier.
Wozza,Cort,Netrhercott,Jupp ~ Like the Berlin Wall

Ditto...so much passion for the club and a 'True Blue' in every sense.

Great memories, goals, performances and always had a great rapport with the fans. I think if he is'nt already, he will be looked back as a legend without a shadow of a doubt!!

"One Adam Barrett....There's only One Adam Barrett"

Cheers for bringing that up - I feel like a total tool now. Good start to the working day!

Sir Adam I take it all back.

Pure legend.

I'll remember the game v WBA when Hartson was throwing his elbows and his gut about and Adam came up behind him and cracked him in the back of the head, Hartson turned round with a "who the ##ck d'ya think?" look on his face , to be presented with Sir Adam's smiling face.

Ranks with Sodje v Rooney in my books

Pure legend.

I'll remember the game v WBA when Hartson was throwing his elbows and his gut about and Adam came up behind him and cracked him in the back of the head, Hartson turned round with a "who the ##ck d'ya think?" look on his face , to be presented with Sir Adam's smiling face.

Ranks with Sodje v Rooney in my books

Spinner vs Rooney was the better battle IMO!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back