• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

absolutely brilliant news

basilrobbie

Striker
Reading the news just now I was reminded how I felt when our corresponding big moment came. It was actually in a small courtroom at the Rolls Building, as Judge Marcus Smith announced that he was moving our club from the ownership of the Oyston family and placing it in the hands of a Court Appointed Receiver.

There are so many emotions that go through your mind, including relief, and a certain amount of anger in due course that you were ever put through this. Your story is the absolute embodiment of all the reasons why strong, independent regulation of football is so badly needed. I'm really pleased that you didn't have to wait for it, in the end.

I'm also sure that the consortium and fan groups will soon turn their minds to the huge amount of work needed to undo years of neglect, but that is a worry for another day. For the moment I hope you milk this for all it is worth ; you richly deserve it. I know my colleagues at our Supporters Trust will be absolutely delighted.

Last edited:
Reading the news just now I was reminded how I felt when our corresponding big moment came. It was actually in a small courtroom at the Rolls Building, as Judge Marcus Smith announced that he was moving our club from the ownership of the Oyston family and placing it in the hands of a Court Appointed Receiver.

There are so many emotions that go through your mind, including relief, and a certain amount of anger in due course that you were ever put through this. Your story is the absolute embodiment of all the reasons why strong, independent regulation of football is so badly needed. I'm really pleased that you didn't have to wait for it, in the end.

I'm also sure that the consortium and fan groups will soon turn their minds to the huge amount of work needed to undo years of neglect, but that is a worry for another day. For the moment I hope you milk this for all it worth ; you richly deserve it. I know my colleagues at our Supporters Trust will be absolutely delighted.
Thank you so much from Blackpool

I'm also sure that the consortium and fan groups will soon turn their minds to the huge amount of work needed to undo years of neglect, but that is a worry for another day. For the moment I hope you milk this for all it is worth ; you richly deserve it. I know my colleagues at our Supporters Trust will be absolutely delighted.
Thank you buddy, for the kind words and for the support and advice that you have offered during this difficult journey. As you say, it's time to kick on and show that there is a purpose at the end of this stage in our journey, and that is to build for the next one, and the next one etc.

Thanks Basilrobbie your comments are truly appreciated.

Hopefully in the near future we can play hosts to Blackpool in league game or FA cup etc , im sure your club will be well received as will a few other clubs and their supporters who have stood by us , York i belive being one of them . As been often said ,its in times of trouble you find out who your friends are .

Back