• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A matter of opinion

BEERMONSTER

Saga Loutā­šŸ¦
Everyone's else's opinion on all matters is wrong unless you are of the opinion that mine is right! šŸ˜
Leaving the joking aside, that was a joke honestly, We all have differing views and opinions on all things Shrimper related. I see many comments across all threads that I think 'really, are you sure?' and no doubt some of my posts have a similar effect for some. Yes there are posters who always seem to focus on the negatives and never celebrate a positive but most strike a balance. Some use SZ as a place just to discuss their concerns, maybe if their happy or in agreement with something they don't feel the need to post, just not driven to have a communal love in so to speak šŸ˜‰
I have read a lot of valid opinions, well put although totally different to my thoughts and by the nature of how they have been expressed I have respected the point of view. Also some I have felt have come across aggressive or derogatory and left me questioning the parentage of the individual. As the old adage goes 'it's not what you say at times, it's how you say it' for me that's even more the case with a written expression.
We should all have tolerance of others opinions the difficulty sometimes is tolerance of how they have been expressed.

Everyone's else's opinion on all matters is wrong unless you are of the opinion that mine is right! šŸ˜
Leaving the joking aside, that was a joke honestly, We all have differing views and opinions on all things Shrimper related. I see many comments across all threads that I think 'really, are you sure?' and no doubt some of my posts have a similar effect for some. Yes there are posters who always seem to focus on the negatives and never celebrate a positive but most strike a balance. Some use SZ as a place just to discuss their concerns, maybe if their happy or in agreement with something they don't feel the need to post, just not driven to have a communal love in so to speak šŸ˜‰
I have read a lot of valid opinions, well put although totally different to my thoughts and by the nature of how they have been expressed I have respected the point of view. Also some I have felt have come across aggressive or derogatory and left me questioning the parentage of the individual. As the old adage goes 'it's not what you say at times, it's how you say it' for me that's even more the case with a written expression.
We should all have tolerance of others opinions the difficulty sometimes is tolerance of how they have been expressed.
I don't agree

Thats a matter of opinion

No matter how innocent, uncontroversial or politely you post your opinion you can be certain that somewhere out there in SZ world someone holds an emotionally deeply felt and diagonally opposite view, misunderstands your post, or spins it into something you could never have foreseen. It's quite intimidating when you're a new poster so anyone out there holding back on posting because of a negative experience should get stuck in and not worry about it.

Back