• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5km Roots Hall Run | Saturday 5th October 2024

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers ⭐🦐
I’m so excited to announce that as part of Southend United’s Match for Mind on Saturday 5th October in their home fixture vs Maidenhead (announced today), I’ve organised a 5km run around the perimeter of the Roots Hall pitch.

For a £5 donation to my London Marathon fundraising for South East & Central Essex Mind you can come and join myself, Southend United chairman Justin Rees, Southend United fitness coach Stef Russo & Evening Echo journalist Chris Phillips on this as we run and talk all things Southend United.

All ages and abilities welcome, the plan is to all run together so we have a chance to combine our love of running with our love of Southend United to raise funds for an incredible charity.

🏟️| Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6NQ

⏱️| 9am meet for a 9:30am start

🗓️| Saturday 5th October 2024

Please get in touch for any other details, and how to donate and enter. Come and join us ahead of a crucial National League fixture vs Maidenhead.

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏟️🔵⚪🦐🎽👟

IMG_9101.jpeg

https://2025tcslondonmarathon.enthuse.com/pf/mikeedwards16

This is being announced on Southend United’s official social media channels today.

Last edited:
Well done on arranging this x

Thank you. A big thank you to Rylee as well, an absolute superstar behind the scenes at our club.

Top work and for a good charity. I started the couch to 5k back in lockdown

I never made it past the couch stage though

Thank you. Trust me, the couch is more fun 😂

If my calf is ready I’ll happy donate and join you x

Hope to see you there Del!

Just donated! I’ll try and get along to this on the 5th for a little plod before the Southend 10k on the 6th

I’m marathon training too! 🏃 🦐

Thanks Scott, just seen that. Be good to see you there. I’ve the Southend 10km the next day too. Good luck with the marathon training, London as well or a different one?

Back