• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Thank christ the season is done and dusted, because on our current form if the season were to finish in June, hell knows what the table would have looked like. It hasnt been hard to see over the last month (6 games) that we have conceeded an incredible 21 goals with an Average per game of 3.5,were the fault lies!
The thing is, like most of you, I dont actually feel as though defensivly we have looked that bad but the stats dont lie and for a side with a chance of beating the drop from the Hull game onwards, we wilted into a very poor side over the last month!
Whether or not, we need to address things defensivly over the summer,is up to tilly, but I.M.H.O a new L/B,and an attacking midfeilder are a must.I dont really post after matches as on reflection things can seem different an hour later so I have saved it all up for what is know known as the silly season.. here we go.

TOO CLEAR OUT
Hunt... To negative going forward, and gives the ball away to much.
Efe..... At 34, not alot left to offer
Prior( retiring). Good luck
Hammell........ Without doubt the weakest member of our back four, I cant beleive he played in the SPL, because he gets himself in so much trouble on the ball that perhaps he kneeds to go back to basics.
Harold ....... My ten year old daugter has a better first touch.
Lawson ........ At a crossroads really, needs to get Regular football, but at the moment he isnt pushing anyone for a place.
Bradbury...... This one is quite hard because his enthusiasm for the game in never in doubt but since he was injured and stopped playing on the R/M.F, I thing father time as caught up with him and cant see him offering any more next season.
Eastwood...... Brilliant memories, but from christmas onwards as looked a player that wanted to be somewhere other than the Hall.

SOME PLAYERS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TILLY GET IN.
A robinson, Swansea... Should have another go at signing him.
J Coppinger. Doncaster.. Hate is guts but he is quality.
B Sanco, Gillingham........Never seen him have a bad game but dont no how old he is.
A.Mclean, Peterborough.. Can get alot better and has been banging them in.
J. low , Peterborough.. Looked a good buy when he moved from Northampton to Leicester and seems as if at peterborough he is coming good again.
I.Mcleod at franchise F.C , Get the check book out Ron and we could be back in the Championship next year.

Last edited:
Fair point - but 8 out and 5 in - we have a small enough squad already

6 in??
Was thinking that these would cost money to bring in with the sale of freddy but you are right as we need some loanees or freebies to bolster the squad as a whole.

Without wanting to sound defensive - the majority of those players defended extremely well in League 1 last year. Which is why we won the league.
So I hardly think an overhaul is needed.

Back