• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News 2024/25 Season Tickets. All Now Ready For Collection.

I wonder if the club will look into why people didn't renew from last season.
Possible communications with those?
As I've said previously everything costs so much nowadays that simple economics may be the cause along with many other factors, life, work commitments, moving etc etc.

I wonder if the club will look into why people didn't renew from last season.
Possible communications with those?
As I've said previously everything costs so much nowadays that simple economics may be the cause along with many other factors, life, work commitments, moving etc etc.
I think a large part of it maybe that existing ST holders have encouraged friends and family to purchase and have collectively purchased their seat in a new location where they can all sit together. The net result being their original season ticket holders seat is shown on the system as not renewed.

In my case I was fortunate to have a spare seat next to my own seat for my Grandson, but had that seat have been taken then I may have simply bought two seats together elsewhere, leaving my original showing as not renewed.

I think a large part of it maybe that existing ST holders have encouraged friends and family to purchase and have collectively purchased their seat in a new location where they can all sit together. The net result being their original season ticket holders seat is shown on the system as not renewed.

In my case I was fortunate to have a spare seat next to my own seat for my Grandson, but had that seat have been taken then I may have simply bought two seats together elsewhere, leaving my original showing as not renewed.
Could well be the case, so the data on non renewal would be seat Location rather than name?

Whatever the reason for some of last season card holders not renewing as outlined already on previous posts.
I for many years could not justify purchasing a SC due to work commitments so understand those in that situation and those feeling the pinch to been there as well...
As it stands 4k + sold is still very good indeed and the Club I'm sure are "over the moon" cyb

Could well be the case, so the data on non renewal would be seat Location rather than name?
I'm assuming so, I may be off the mark but I guess the data being reported for renewals is matching seat numbers, i.e the black ringed grey circles on the ticketing site and not names of the purchaser. If I were COSU then I would be doing a 'look up' of 2024 purchaser names against previous years. This would be a better metric for 'who' has renewed.

So we now enter the season ticket swap period, hopefully they will announce how that works as Season Tickets have now been taken off sale until 7pm next Monday.
If some people were waiting until the swap period to renew that kind of stitches them up a bit!

So we now enter the season ticket swap period, hopefully they will announce how that works as Season Tickets have now been taken off sale until 7pm next Monday.
If some people were waiting until the swap period to renew that kind of stitches them up a bit!
It's self explanatory isn't it? Anyone wishing to swap will be able to move their season ticket to a seat not yet purchased.

They will remove the hold on season tickets that have not yet been purchased and people will be able to swap to a different seat.

As for waiting to the swap period to renew. You can only swap if you have something to swap. Ergo you had to purchase your seat from last year to swap to a different seat.

I suspect a fair few may have instead of renewing and swapping for whatever is left have instead purchased brand new tickets to guarantee a new position. Possibly because they had extra people coming and their current seat position did not allow for them to be sat together.

It's self explanatory isn't it? Anyone wishing to swap will be able to move their season ticket to a seat not yet purchased.

They will remove the hold on season tickets that have not yet been purchased and people will be able to swap to a different seat.

As for waiting to the swap period to renew. You can only swap if you have something to swap. Ergo you had to purchase your seat from last year to swap to a different seat.

I suspect a fair few may have instead of renewing and swapping for whatever is left have instead purchased brand new tickets to guarantee a new position. Possibly because they had extra people coming and their current seat position did not allow for them to be sat together.
I think the swap period was a bit of a waste of time this year as it was only really relevant when an early bird discount was available. So you could renew your existing seat at the discounted early bird price to secure the discount, then swap to a preferred seat in the swap period. Due to time constraints this year there was no early bird period and therefore if paying standard price then I expect people simple either renewed their existing seat OR simply bought the seat they wanted elsewhere at the same price, why wait 🤔.

I think the swap period was a bit of a waste of time this year as it was only really relevant when an early bird discount was available. So you could renew your existing seat at the discounted early bird price to secure the discount, then swap to a preferred seat in the swap period. Due to time constraints this year there was no early bird period and therefore if paying standard price then I expect people simple either renewed their existing seat OR simply bought the seat they wanted elsewhere at the same price, why wait 🤔.
Why wait indeed?

If folks are waiting then they can't swap; the physical layout of the seats is such that some are more sought after than others, close to centre line, near TBV, no pillars etc which makes them "first dibbs" for renewal. Folks will want to swap into those seats maybe.
Then other folks have taken "new" Shrimpers along and those may now want to sit with their mates BUT can only do that if seat is available and often that might be a non re-newed ST; without having bought a 2nd choice ST those people can not do the swap.
I don't think the swap period is a waste of time; I do think that some don't understand the swap idea and may not have bought a seat, see today the seat they are after is green this morning but will have been taken by the 6th.

I don't think the swap period is a waste of time; I do think that some don't understand the swap idea and may not have bought a seat, see today the seat they are after is green this morning but will have been taken by the 6th.
Where can you see the 'green' seats. I can't get any seating plan or see how to swap seats? They have taken down the link to buy season tickets.

ATM there doesn't appear to be any facility for swap, or seat plan on the OS. I can only guess that final preps and checks are taking place.

An on-line swap seemed like a bit of a technology challenge. Perhaps only available through the ticket office.

Back