• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Wow. I voted for Labour for the first time, and I'm glad I did. I voted for a stronger NHS and I had a chance to use it (long story) after voting so I am grateful for their service. No real effect on the MP, but his majority went down to 10,000 and Labour vote went up 7,000 so that's cool. He's actually a decent local MP but I think this Tory government is so poor and ineffectual we need a shake up.

May royally ****ed up. She's say's she'll stay but how can the country have faith in a PM who make such god awful decisions.

In short the Country can't have any faith in her, and last nights results bear that out.

Having said that do Labour have any more legitimate claim to form a Government?

In short the Country can't have any faith in her, and last nights results bear that out.

Having said that do Labour have any more legitimate claim to form a Government?

No, they don't. May screwed up. Any decent leader would have trounced her.

Labour would have won this election big time if it wasn't for the idiot in charge.

That said, May wouldn't have called an election if that idiot wasn't in charge.

Catch 22 really.

There is only one idiot that has come out of this whole process, and that is the idiot that thought she could take the British people for granted just to give herself a bigger ego. She has put the country in an even worse position that in was for what can be called nothing more than personal gain, remember this is "her" manifesto and people for voting for "her".

It hasn't worked out and it looks like it could signal the end of her prominent political career a lot quicker than she had hoped. Despite the constant smearing of Corbyn throughout this whole process he has stood strong and not resulted to childish and petulant insults on others, instead focusing on policies, and it looks like a lot of people have been impressed by that and not pandered to The Sun and Daily Mail's sensationalist headlines and at times out right lies.

Labour would have won this election big time if it wasn't for the idiot in charge.

That said, May wouldn't have called an election if that idiot wasn't in charge.

Catch 22 really.

Actually to put a little bit of context into the result, Corbyn has done very similar to Brown in 2010.

There is only one idiot that has come out of this whole process, and that is the idiot that thought she could take the British people for granted just to give herself a bigger ego. She has put the country in an even worse position that in was for what can be called nothing more than personal gain, remember this is "her" manifesto and people for voting for "her".

It hasn't worked out and it looks like it could signal the end of her prominent political career a lot quicker than she had hoped. Despite the constant smearing of Corbyn throughout this whole process he has stood strong and not resulted to childish and petulant insults on others, instead focusing on policies, and it looks like a lot of people have been impressed by that and not pandered to The Sun and Daily Mail's sensationalist headlines and at times out right lies.

I agree she's an idiot as well.

Back