• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

So she gambled, screwed up the campaign and lost. As posted before I wouldn't have voted for a mainstream party (nor UKIP) I'll tell you something for nothing as an observer. The Tories won't be protesting in the streets because they don't like the way democracy has spoken. Left of centre could learn from that but they won't because the mindset isn't there

They still have the most number of seats at Westminster so of course they won't be protesting. As for the left of centre not learning - well maybe this time round they have because the Labour campaign has encouraged many to vote for Labour policies. We will see what happens six months from now if an election re-run is called.

Haven't the energy to check, but saw on Twitter this morning that the Tories lost every key marginal May campaigned in. That's what you get for treating the electorate with utter contempt.

So she gambled, screwed up the campaign and lost. As posted before I wouldn't have voted for a mainstream party (nor UKIP) I'll tell you something for nothing as an observer. The Tories won't be protesting in the streets because they don't like the way democracy has spoken. Left of centre could learn from that but they won't because the mindset isn't there

A lot of Tories were very vocal, anti Brexit 'remoaners' who did actually take to the streets to protest after the referendum.

16,000+ votes for Labour in Southend West thats the best Labour result since 1951 and there were only 2 candidates back then.

To get more votes than Blair in 97 is impressive.

I think the Tories thought people voting to Leave was the hook they would need to pull those voters along with their Brexit plans. What they seem to have missed is the people voting leave and UKIP werent generally going to be tories so flocked to the party that spoke to the the common man.

I see the chap that dresses up as Elmo got 3 votes:hilarious:

Lord Buckethead has always been my preferred candidate along with Mr Fishfinger. The Captain Rizzla Rainbow Alliance also appealed in the past.

Some sort of progressive alliance could be the way forward.

Disappointed to hear that Philip Davies (Con, Shipley) didn't lose his seat after all. Lots of rumours swishing around last night that he'd gone but alas the **** won again.

Disappointed to hear that Philip Davies (Con, Shipley) didn't lose his seat after all. Lots of rumours swishing around last night that he'd gone but alas the **** won again.
Yeah not even close really 4,600+ majority. Would have thought Shipley would be Labour area, what's its voting history?

Yeah not even close really 4,600+ majority. Would have thought Shipley would be Labour area, what's its voting history?

Strong Conservative seat since 2005 and pre-1997 had been blue for a long time too. I think it is pretty rural.

Davies has no interest in furthering his career in terms of being a party man so I guess that puts him in a position to fight his constituency's corner a bit more.

As someone who works in the gambling sector it always makes me a bit queasy that he is our 'best friend' in Parliament.

Labour would have won this election big time if it wasn't for the idiot in charge.

That said, May wouldn't have called an election if that idiot wasn't in charge.

Catch 22 really.

Back