• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Still undecided. Haven't even got a Green to chuck away my vote to. Could be a toss of a coin to make my mind up or for the first time ever, not bother.

Not bothering at all - sick to the back teeth of it all.
I would never vote someone as far left as Corbyn or for that wet lettice Farron but equally, May is a walking disaster and making Cameron look like a loss of which he certainly wasn't. Feel as far detached from politics as I ever have done. Couldn't give a monkey's who wins frankly.

So you're voting for the party with the best wish list regardless of the fact you don't think they'll deliver? I think you need to read the IFS report of all manifestos. Labour's doesn't actually hold water financially.
as has been said, the only numbers in the Tory manifesto are the page numbers
All manifestos will throw up £ questions under close scrutiny, but the Labour manifesto is full of very specific pledges, the Conservative manifesto is a short list of things they would issue green papers on at some point after the election

its not surprising that the general response has been enthusiasm for one of the manifestos and a shrug of the shoulders for the other

Labour lead in the South East is a pleasant surprise - but no info on how many people were polled or methodology. Real thing tomorrow. Amusing that the comments are: a long post that no on e will read as too long, an argument about the difference between national debt and deficit, and a bunch of deleted posts - its a real home from home for any zoners!

Labour lead in the South East is a pleasant surprise - but no info on how many people were polled or methodology. Real thing tomorrow. Amusing that the comments are: a long post that no on e will read as too long, an argument about the difference between national debt and deficit, and a bunch of deleted posts - its a real home from home for any zoners!

Think the polls this time around are so varied they could be taken with a pinch of salt. Today the seem to be showing around a 7 - 10 point lead for Cons. More interestingly is the collapse of both the Lib Dem and UKIP vote, personally I think the UKIP vote is key especially as they are not fielding candidates in fairly marginal seats where Labour have the incumbent MP and telling their supporters to vote Conservative. This not something I really approve of from either side of the fence.

I hope anyone who thought George Osborne editing the Evening Standard was not a big deal has seen today's front page (and page 2, 7, 8, 9, 11, 16, 17,24) as it makes a bigger effort to get the public to vote Tory than their manifesto.

The TV guide seems the be the only unbiased bit. Fargo on Channel 4 at 10pm

The TV guide seems the be the only unbiased bit. Fargo on Channel 4 at 10pm

Meh. Season one was decent, Billy-Bob superb, as was Martin Freeman. Second season wasn't worth two-Bob. Not overly convinced by episode 1 of season 3, but will give it a chance. Reminds me of True Detective. Sublime first season, that simply couldn't be topped by sequels, and probably never will be.

Meh. Season one was decent, Billy-Bob superb, as was Martin Freeman. Second season wasn't worth two-Bob. Not overly convinced by episode 1 of season 3, but will give it a chance. Reminds me of True Detective. Sublime first season, that simply couldn't be topped by sequels, and probably never will be.
second series was a bit slower story wise but still had a nice feel to it - good dialogue and look. Recorded but not seen S3 yet - but don't dash my hopes - this is a day for positivity and optimism.....

second series was a bit slower story wise but still had a nice feel to it - good dialogue and look. Recorded but not seen S3 yet - but don't dash my hopes - this is a day for positivity and optimism.....

In fairness first Ep of S3 is ok. I think the lingering stench of S2 has scarred me though

In fairness first Ep of S3 is ok. I think the lingering stench of S2 has scarred me though

Must admit I am enjoying at the moment, didn't think I would like as I don't usually like someone playing two parts but it really does work and is believable. Not a spoiler A.S.S but David Thwellis is stealing the show.

#Back on topic, I just popped down to my local polling station in Thurrock, there was 2 guys (almost acting like nightclub bouncers) standing outside.. (I wont tell you what colour ribbon they were wearing), but they demanded to know my polling number?... I blatantly refused to give it to them & then I was let straight in.

Obviously I have voted before, but I have never been questioned on the street like that before., prior to entering a polling station....Has anyone else experienced this so far today?

#Back on topic, I just popped down to my local polling station in Thurrock, there was 2 guys (almost acting like nightclub bouncers) standing outside.. (I wont tell you what colour ribbon they were wearing), but they demanded to know my polling number?... I blatantly refused to give it to them & then I was let straight in.

Obviously I have voted before, but I have never been questioned on the street like that before., prior to entering a polling station....Has anyone else experienced this so far today?

Guessing they were Kippers.But good on you for not revealing your polling card number.

So you're voting for the party with the best wish list regardless of the fact you don't think they'll deliver? I think you need to read the IFS report of all manifestos. Labour's doesn't actually hold water financially.

Yes it is a doubt of mine, however given a choice of a Tory manifesto that offers nothing and one that offers me quite a few appealing policies but I have doubts that all of them can be delivered, I'm going to choose the one that at least has a chance of delivering things I want.

should be done in a friendly way but it's standard procedure - if you are in a marginal (or anywhere really) they want to note down which of their canvassed votes have come out - then if it's tight you will get a visit, phone call, offer of a lift - to make sure you have voted. I'm 'knocking up' all afternoon in Croydon - 165 votes in it in 2015 so that process can turn a loss into a win. My least favourite part of the election but it's necessary.

Back