• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

10,000 crowds at Roots Hall

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Noticed on the Official Site that Southend are confident of getting 10,000 gates for most home games this season.

With 6,500 season ticket holders and 1,200 away fans (Stoke have only been given 1,200 tickets & I can see most clubs bringing their full allocation) we need to attract 2,300 more home fans per match. I wonder if there is any chance that we will give some away teams more than 1,200 tickets?

Much depends on our performance, we've proven before that if the team is not performing many will disappear. Think that includes some of those 6,500 ST holders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ July 15 2006,01:50)]Think that includes some of those 6,500 ST holders.
So someone who has paid £380 will just stop going ?

Even if we stink I very much doubt you will see many season ticket holders disappear!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ July 15 2006,06:47)]I reckon our average will probably be similar to the season just gone (c. 8,000)
With 6500 season ticket holders You only need 750 to buy tickets + 750 away fans to reach 8000 each game.

I think 9000+ is well achievable this year.

Remember that some season ticket holders do not live locally. We live in Southampton and I know that we will miss about 8 home games. But having a ST ensures that I can get a ticket to all the games that I want to go to.

I think we will average 9,000, I'm sure some teams will be given allocations of around 2,000 ie Norwich, Palace, Ipswich, Birmingham, Wolves, Leeds etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ July 15 2006,10:47)]I think we will average 9,000, I'm sure some teams will be given allocations of around 2,000 ie Norwich, Palace, Ipswich, Birmingham, Wolves, Leeds etc.
would be interesting to know how many we have sold for the Stoke City Game ?

Having a guess 7500 plus S/T holders I reckon

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wallace @ July 15 2006,11:11)]Anyone know when tickets for the Stoke game go on sale?
now.... i bought mine last wednesday... over the phone though.Very please cos got the seats I wanted in the East Stand

On-line match day Tickets is still not available ?

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ July 15 2006,11:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wallace @ July 15 2006,11:11)]Anyone know when tickets for the Stoke game go on sale?
now.... i bought mine last wednesday... over the phone though.Very please cos got the seats I wanted in the East Stand

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
I thought the East stand had long since sold out with STH

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ July 15 2006,11:49)]
[b said:
[b said:

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Obviously not, they probably kept a percentage back for general sale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ July 15 2006,11:49)]
[b said:
[b said:

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Dont believe everything Fred u read.... Internet users on here where guessing that.... or I was just lucky and got in early and got last few?

No Fear

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Back